Great band alert!

Sock OR Muffin? wrote:I remember back in like '97 I was working in a restaurant and the manager burst into the kitchen one day all excited. "Guys, I just scored tickets to the Candlebox show!!!"

We were all like...hey, that's really...great.

I remember someone once making the same excited claim to me regarding an upcoming Candlebox show at the Paramount in Seattle. If memory serves me right, they did a two- or three-night stint there and possibly even sold out all three nights. (This was, what, 12, 13 years ago?) I remember feeling sort of foolish, because I was a young, hipster kid, and somehow this hometown band had broken big without me ever having heard of them. My reaction was, "Um, who's Candlebox?" To my regret, I later learned exactly who they were. Horrible band!

Aw, geez, Green Apple Quickstep! Horrible band! I never saw them as GAQS, although I did see their previous incarnation, Inspector Luv and the Ride-Me Babies. Also horrible band!

Interesting bit of trivia re: Inspector Luv: they released a single on the label run by Fred and Toody Cole (of Dead Moon). My brother has told me that a Seattle-area record store has been trying to sell that thing for something like $20 for several years now.

Dead Moon = not horrible band!
My grunge/northwest rock blog