Re: Balls Effects / Balls Amplification

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:49 am Amp #2 for the day!

Balls VIP-40. The VIP is for Vox/Plexi and is a sort of taking a JTM/JMP/5F6A approach to the AC-30 TB. It's kinda like an AC-30 except both brilliant and normal channels are "top-boost-ed" and it has a linked input like a jumpered plexi. Separate normal and brilliant volume controls let you blend the two channels as desired. No Vox-style cut control because its irrelevant in this format. Cathode biased and no negative feedback to retain that Vox feel. This is a 40 watt version using 2 EL34s. Sounds killer and super fun to play.

This one's for PRF FM four_oclocker_2.2 and was previously mentioned in the 'what are you buying..' thread.

HEY!

I just wanted to say that this amp is awesome. Exactly what I was looking for and I couldn't be happier with it.

Thanks, Doc!
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen

Current -
Future Living / Daddy's Boy / Blank Banker / Solo

Fomer -
Hungry Man / No Trust / Retreaters

Garth wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:25 pm
four_oclocker_2.2 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:27 am I just wanted to say that this amp is awesome. Exactly what I was looking for and I couldn't be happier with it.
Thanks, Doc!
I hope you're bringing this to practice Saturday.
That can be arranged.
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen

Current -
Future Living / Daddy's Boy / Blank Banker / Solo

Fomer -
Hungry Man / No Trust / Retreaters

Dr Tony Balls wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:21 am Someone found me specifically wanting a Deluxe Memory Man on a Madbean board and form factor, so I obliged, despite my hatred of board mounted pots.

That is very well done. I've been tempted by that project, but I just don't have time for it. I also dislike board mounted pots, but at least this layout looks pretty good. I love the madbean commitment to those 1590A projects. Those are almost all I care to build anymore.