Re: Vaporizable Offenses

kokorodoko wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:31 am It's quite common for people to attempt to smear other people by taking some statements of theirs out of context, or clipping or editing them to make them seem like they're saying something they're not.

In addition to the people who spread these things initially, there are people who witness these smears, undoubtedly know that they are faked, but know that they can get away with acting as if they believe they are real.

Among the lowest human behaviour imaginable to me, this is.
Indeed.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Another thing that drives me up a wall is the resentful racist whining about the Chinese casual attitude toward intellectual property, saying this is because they "lack creativity". No, there are just different notions of proprietorship and originality (Byung-Chul Han has written about this, though I don't remember the book). Might be something for y'all to learn there.
born to give

ErickC wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:50 pm
4. Saying "tremolo" when you mean "vibrato."
I mean, Leo Fender even got these two mixed up. In fact, he's probably a major reason for it. And if the rate is fast enough, it's pretty hard to tell. I'm honestly way more offended by mixing up phaser and flanger.

My hatred is for "play ball," "hit the ground running," "wrap my head around it," "let's table it," and any other fucking corporate jargon. Also acronyms. I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF ACRONYMS.
self: https://tommiles.bandcamp.com/
old: https://shiiin.bandcamp.com/

tommy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:49 am
ErickC wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:50 pm
4. Saying "tremolo" when you mean "vibrato."
I mean, Leo Fender even got these two mixed up. In fact, he's probably a major reason for it. And if the rate is fast enough, it's pretty hard to tell. I'm honestly way more offended by mixing up phaser and flanger.
I'm unsure if either one of you are talking about the effect or 'whammy bars'.

Effect confession: I recently figured out that what I thought I was looking for out of a phaser for many years was probably actually a Uni-Vibe.
Music