Lou Reed
Total votes: 4 (13%)
Fred Schneider
Total votes: 10 (31%)
Mark E. Smith
Total votes: 18 (56%)
Total votes: 32

Re: Talky Singer Dome

Very big fan of the talk-sing. Going to go with MES even though i may be a bigger fan of others. He did so much with it and it was so much a part of what he did and his general aesthetic. Nothing really comes close and it's kind of undeniable. I wouldn't even consider myself a massive fan of the Fall.

MES simply becuse he's the first one that comes to mind when someone use the term and I *love* the Fall...
Lou Reed was great but not really more of a tlk-singer than Dylan IMO
Schneider is awesome too but for some reason, I don't really hear him as a "talk-singer" as much as a dorky old school white-boy rapper with a particularly stilted flow...
Michael Gerard (Killdozer) would be my write-in; he fits the bill IMO

I can’t remember who said it on the old forum but if you take any song at all, literally any song in existence, and imagine it performed and recorded exactly the same, but imagine the lead singer replaced by Fred Schneider singing instead, the song will be better. The only other person in existence who this might work for is Michael Gerald, and he’s not in this poll.
Fred Schneider, 0 WF
f.k.a. jimmy two hands

Jimbo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:18 pm I can’t remember who said it on the old forum but if you take any song at all, literally any song in existence, and imagine it performed and recorded exactly the same, but imagine the lead singer replaced by Fred Schneider singing instead, the song will be better. The only other person in existence who this might work for is Michael Gerald, and he’s not in this poll.
Fred Schneider, 0 WF
Love Fred Schneider in his role as a musical foil, but strongly disagree, and don’t think even the B-52s would have worked with him alone. I couldnt make it through his solo record.

zorg wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:21 am
Jimbo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:18 pm I can’t remember who said it on the old forum but if you take any song at all, literally any song in existence, and imagine it performed and recorded exactly the same, but imagine the lead singer replaced by Fred Schneider singing instead, the song will be better. The only other person in existence who this might work for is Michael Gerald, and he’s not in this poll.
Fred Schneider, 0 WF
Love Fred Schneider in his role as a musical foil, but strongly disagree, and don’t think even the B-52s would have worked with him alone. I couldnt make it through his solo record.
To your point, "52 Girls" is probably better as sung by Cindy and Kate.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

zorg wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:21 am
Fred Schneider, 0 WF
I thought his solo record was fantastic.
f.k.a. jimmy two hands