Band: The Replacements

CRAP
Total votes: 14 (26%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 40 (74%)
Total votes: 54

Not Crap :wf: 11.

Lush-savants that they were, when they were in the zone, they were in the zone.

Between "Color Me Impressed," "Answering Machine," "Bastards Of Young," "Left Of The Dial," "Here Comes A Regular," "Skyway," "Alex Chilton," and the brokenhearted anthem "Unsatisfied," the 'Mats have had as many bright moments than just about any other legendary band.

As for their last two records, All Shook Down isn't that bad when viewed as a Westerberg solo record, which it is in all but name. Don't Tell A Soul was positively craptacular, though, and I can understand how someone introduced to the 'Mats via that record can feel like they're grossly overrated.
iembalm wrote:Can I just point out, Rick, that this rant is in a thread about a cartoon?

Man some days I wake up and read this forum to discover the dumbest shit.

To the dozen of you who apparently hit the wrong button in the poll, Tim and Let It Be are two absolutely phenomenal records and beat the living hell out of most of the other records of their day. Go listen to those records again before stepping into this thread.
Marsupialized wrote:You are shitting me

I'm not voting in this thread until I've heard Let It Be and Tim. I've got Sorry Ma and Hootenanny right now and both of them are really good, but not great. Close to it, but not there. "Color Me Impressed" is one great song, though.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Let It Be is incredible to this day.

It's amazing to hear Sorry Ma.. and Pleased to Meet Me and try to work out how it fits between the two. Amazing how they went from so bad that they were good to so good and then finally so good that they were bad. Hootenany and Stink are okay too. Not a patch on Let It Be though.

NC, Big Waffles because I hate Tim and everything after it.
run joe run wrote:Kerble your enthusiasm.