First show you ever went to

Parents took me to see Ray Charles at the Stratford Festival citra 1982.

First Real show, Nash the Slash and The Spoons at Stratford Roller Rink 1984.

First Show I travelled to was New Order with A Certain Ratio, International Centre, Toronto, after standing in line all day, went around back and heard New Order Soundcheck with Love Will Tear Us Apart, then Sumner, Hook et al. came out and introduced themselves.

Impressed the hell outa me.
god bless canada

i'm not counting the couple of kiddie-folk concerts i went to as a little kid (Peter, Paul and Mary; and Raffi).

that having been said, i went to my first real show when i was thirteen to see:
*The Lawrence Arms
*Lucky Boys Confusion
*Fairview (now Sleep Comes Down)
*Best Foot Forward (R.I.P.)
*No Intent (R.I.P.)

after that, i was hooked.
if i got lasik surgery on one eye, i could wear a monacle.

First non-local band I saw: Oasis, Maine Road, 96 or 97. It was the one they released a video of. I waited for hours. I waited though bands I didnt like. I waited through long periods of gear being shifted about on stage. I waited for an eternity. Then Oasis came on and out of nowhere I get a full on Migraine in the first song. I pushed my way through a crowd of tens of thousands and when I got to the toilets the cunts had hot water coming out of both taps to stop you drinking it. In a way that concert was a metaphor for my whole life.

First band that kicked my ass: Mogwai, 98. The gig was decent, I enjoyed it, didnt know all the songs but it was alright. Then they finish up with stereodee (complete with 3 men on one drumkit and brutal strobe). My ears are still ringing and my eyes are still stinging. The only thing I've ever seen that competes with that night, in terms of relentlessness, is The Boredoms.

Aerial M played that night too. Sadly I hadnt cottoned onto their genius at that point.
simmo wrote:Someone make my carrot and grapefruits smoke. Please.

First show was Pavement at the Barrymore Theater in Madison with this band the 3D's in 1994.

3D's were pretty good, I thought they sounded like Sonic Youth. Pavement was too fucked up and sounded just awful. I'm pretty sure this was the Crooked Rain tour.

My denist got me the ticket to curry favor with my mom, whom he wanted to fuck.

-Jeremy