Re: What are you listening to right now?

a lot of Steve's best recording work was too sad to hear today for other reasons (Silkworm, Low, Magnolia Electric Company, etc.) so I listened to the Desert Fathers' The Spirituality instead and that album is still completely bonkers. I don't think a record like that could have been made with anyone or anywhere else.

(Steve also expressed his love of this record on several occasions, something he rarely did with stuff he worked on)

Music

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Currently listening to

Everybody’s Dead Before They Leave – Tribute to Cherubs

Brent Prager gave this to me for free at the Albuquerque show after I recognized a stash of these CDs in the clear merch container! He and Kevin Whitely signed my CD! I instantly recognized FM Lu Zwei’s band Joe 4 playing when I loaded this CD in the car on my way back home (I was a PRF Lake of Fake Series subscriber).

Also Brent:
https://www.instagram.com/hooknose1969/p/C6tydnEu30Z/

After the Cherubs show (this was on May 4), Big Black’s music was playing in the background while the band was packing their gear into the van. It was sadly unforeseen for all of us when we lost Steve just two day later. I’ve been listening to all his records that I have. Today was Pig Pile.

Next on the list is gonna be Moon Pussy’s Death Is Coming. They were GREAT when they opened for Cherubs last Saturday.

Also, today:
Neko Case – Middle Cyclone
The Pixies – Wave of Mutilation compilation
Moon Pussy - Mirakler split 7"