Re: What are you listening to right now?

jfv wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:11 pm To All Trains
My stubborn tradition since 1000 Hurts is to go buy a copy at a record store the day it comes out. Which means I usually have to go to about 3 stores to find one that isn't sold out of the vinyl.

Along with Fugazi there are no longer any 'institution' level independent bands left that bring everyone out and together again. This will be a bittersweet listen, especially if so many songs mention death (Covid era perhaps?)
Music

Re: What are you listening to right now?

penningtron wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 6:55 am
jfv wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:11 pm To All Trains
My stubborn tradition since 1000 Hurts is to go buy a copy at a record store the day it comes out. Which means I usually have to go to about 3 stores to find one that isn't sold out of the vinyl.

Along with Fugazi there are no longer any 'institution' level independent bands left that bring everyone out and together again. This will be a bittersweet listen, especially if so many songs mention death (Covid era perhaps?)
A couple of them are not really about death, just mentions in the context of the song. But I started counting after the last two songs on side one.

Per the dates listed on the record, some of it was recorded before COVID, some during/after COVID. It'd be interesting to know which songs were recorded when to see if there is a correlation.

Listening to it again. Damn I LOVE the first track.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)