Let's Talk Baseball

Ty Webb wrote:GODDAMMIT, BOOF!We managed to foist Ponson on the Yankees. Think they'd be interested in Bonser? Jesus. He may as well have thrown that underhanded.And Chris, don't even get me started on the Orioles. They've quit. I just hope they bend over and present from the rear for the Twins like they have for everyone else the past 2 weeks.

I think a lot of teams will be interested in Boof. But I'd rather hang on to him because I think he can be valuable in the bullpen long term. I'd rather trade Blackburn now because he will very likely never turn in a season this good again. I hope they trade him this offseason and get a good infield bat a year away from contributing.

Let's Talk Baseball

I think if the Twins can sweeten the prospect end, they could probably get Garrett Atkins next season from Colorado. I'm just not sure if they're willing because I think it's likely they'll roll with a Buscher/Macri platoon until they think Luke Hughes is ready. There really isn't an answer in the wings at SS unless Casilla moves over there. But I think I like Casilla better at 2B.

As for Boof, he has a good fastball and curveball. But it's mainly mental with him. He makes a disasterous pitch at the wrong times and falls apart. But less than 2 years ago he was pitching well in game 2 of the ALDS, so I'm not ready to jump ship.

Let's Talk Baseball

The weather thing is a pretty overblown sound bite.

Chicago average temperature faherheit by month (from cityrating.com)

April - 48.6
May - 59.6
June - 68.6
July - 73.2
August - 71.7
September - 64.4
October - 52.8

Twin Cities

April - 46.4
May - 58.5
June - 68.2
July - 73.6
August - 70.5
September - 60.5
October - 48.8

So, there's a 2 degree difference in April and about 4 degrees in September and October. Big deal.

Let's Talk Baseball

MWilke wrote:Ty Webb wrote:GODDAMMIT, BOOF!We managed to foist Ponson on the Yankees. Think they'd be interested in Bonser? Jesus. He may as well have thrown that underhanded.And Chris, don't even get me started on the Orioles. They've quit. I just hope they bend over and present from the rear for the Twins like they have for everyone else the past 2 weeks.I think a lot of teams will be interested in Boof. But I'd rather hang on to him because I think he can be valuable in the bullpen long term. I'd rather trade Blackburn now because he will very likely never turn in a season this good again. I hope they trade him this offseason and get a good infield bat a year away from contributing.

I'm in no way confident in Boof. He's never been anything but thoroughly average. But I think you're right about Blackburn. He has sneaked up on batters this year and I don't think it'll happen again. Trade him while he's hot, but I'd rather see an experienced power hitter in there. Twins need power BADLY.
You had me at Sex Traction Aunts Getting Vodka-Rogered On Glass Furniture