Let us see you.

Mr. Hembrey is a stellar human, great father, and exceptional musician. Here's his face again working sound at a fest in the South Loop. I can barely get enough of it myself.noise & light wrote:Tell me more about this project!This was from a few years ago. It popped up in my feed in one of them memory things. Syd Straw's annual Valentine's Show. They needed a drummer and Shippy thought of me. City Winery. Good times! Kevin McKeough at the Trib stated: A four-piece band accompanied Straw with shimmering 12-string and electric guitar and gently rumbling rhythms. The music mined a late-60s country-rock vein indebted to Neil Young, whose "Harvest" Straw performed as an encore, joined by opening act Freedy Johnston. I couln't of asked for a better night.ArticleApologies for the successive posting. I feel like a turd.
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

Let us see you.

RSMurphy wrote:Syd Straw and her backup Heartwreck band: M. Carson, R. Hembrey, R. Murphy, M. ShippyR. Hembrey is a good egg, and a very funny guy. I remember years ago, when he was a soundman and toured with bands, he had a van that didn't have A.C. and maybe wasn't too pretty. Anyway, his website used to say, If you knock the van, don't come a' rockin'.He also has a good break up story involving rip tides on the Oregon coast. Brilliant man. Nice to see his face, it's been years.