Best Shellac Q & A?

I once asked if the drum outro from 'House Full of Garbage' was inspired by (or borrowed from) the percussion from Arvo Part's 'Sarah Was 90 Years Old'. Bob claimed not to understand the question. So, was it?

Todd's responses are the best, he should have one of those Madonna style headset mics.
Don't shun it. Fun it.

Best Shellac Q & A?

At one of the band's earlyish London gigs, at the Garage (Scrawl supported, can't remember the exact date, but just post-'Action Park' IIRC).

Audience member: Bob, would you like a Chewit?
Bob: A wha?...What's a Chewitt?
AM: *mumbled response*
B: A what?
AM: *further mumbled explanation*
B: A kind of chewy square? *thoughtful pause* No, I don't think I'd like that.

I guess you had to be there, but from my perspective, being just out of earshot of the questioner's responses made it somehow all the funnier.

Oh, and hello.

Best Shellac Q & A?

it's not really a Q&A exchange, but i recall back in 97 when shellac, seam, c-clamp, brits out of america and dianogah played at the ymca in johnsburg illinois. shellac got up to play (first, i think) and steve says "this is a song about the rest of your life", to which the 16 year old in front of me yells, "well it better be a really fucking long song!"

shellac begins playing "didn't we deserve a look at you" and you can see this kid just crawling out of his skin about 12 minutes into it.
"I'm not much for screechin' about elves"

Best Shellac Q & A?

Does anyone who was at Shellac's Milwaukee show after T&G25 remember how the exchange with Steve, that blonde lady and her son went? I remember it started with her saying "my son would like to ask you a question," and at some point Steve said "ask your mother how much she charges for 'Around the World'" or something like that. I wish i could remember the whole exchange because it was amazing.

Oh! Another Milwaukee one, from, uh, 2004 or 2005 or so?

Q to Bob: "Acid or Mushrooms?"

Steve (while tuning with his back turned, no hesitation): "Acid."

(Todd gets up, saunters to mic): "I once ate a *ridic quantity i can't remember* of freeze dried mushrooms and a half a pint of Johnny Walker Black. I highly recommend it!"

*Shellac plays song*

*Todd gets up, saunters to mic before another question can be asked.*

"I once ate a *ridic quantity i can't remember* of freeze dried mushrooms and a half a pint of Johnny Walker Black! AMAZING!"
http://www.ifihadahifi.net
http://www.superstarcastic.com

Marsupialized wrote:Thank you so much for the pounding, it came in handy.

Best Shellac Q & A?

the letter o wrote:B: A kind of chewy square? *thoughtful pause* No, I don't think I'd like that.

Well, it made me laugh anyway.

Hello!
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.

Best Shellac Q & A?

There was a question at the Cleveland show, right before TG25, that involved industrial shellac or something of that sort. I didn't really hear the question but I vaguely remember Steve saying that it was probably the best they've ever been asked.

I wish this post were more useful. Alas.
Rick Reuben wrote:You are dumber than week-old donuts.

Best Shellac Q & A?

AnthonyVillalobos wrote:
Now I know when I see Shellac in the future I will not be asking any questions in fear of getting pwned.

Oh i got one for that Anthony:

Martyrs '05 during that weekend run in May(?)

me: Bob, last night you mentioned that you liked Fight Club... what are some of your other favorite movies?

Bob: I don't know...why don't you tell me. Whatever you like, I like it.

pretty much put an end to me asking questions. I did have a good one at the Hideout but the show ended before I could ask it.
Stephen Sowley
sowley@electrical.com
Capt. James T. Lunatic wrote:I Didn't Fight A Secret War In Nicaragua So You Could Walk These Streets Of Freedom Badmouthing Lady America, In Your Damn Mirrored Sunglasses