Question for Steve (or anyone else who toured pre-internet)

etch wrote:
dontfeartheringo wrote:All that shit I said before about what it was like touring before the internet?

Forget it.

It was like what [strike]Dicks Ahoy[/strike] Etch there said.

Just like that.

All the time.

Myspace fucked it all up for everyone.

I blame Tom.

You're lucky that long blog wasn't about five-eight!

I am writing a book about five-eight... called "Just Because You've Never Heard of Us Doesn't Mean We're Not Rock Stars..."

and YES, the Roman Candle story is in it.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

etch wrote:We got to see ZZ Top with them, but it sucked because we found out that they play along to pre-recorded music that Frank controls from triggers in his drum kit. Bummer.

Say it ain't so!! I was excited to see the Top this summer! Bummer indeed.

Jesse still plays with Jackyl and is now an MTV reality show producer (Two-a-Days)

Wow. One of my best friends is an associate producer on this show. It's now called Varsity, Inc. I think.
kerble wrote:you talked smack, now you gotta pony up some tone, hoss.

myspace.com/majorbarger

DazeyDiver wrote:
etch wrote:We got to see ZZ Top with them, but it sucked because we found out that they play along to pre-recorded music that Frank controls from triggers in his drum kit. Bummer.

Say it ain't so!! I was excited to see the Top this summer! Bummer indeed.

Jesse still plays with Jackyl and is now an MTV reality show producer (Two-a-Days)

Wow. One of my best friends is an associate producer on this show. It's now called Varsity, Inc. I think.

This was about twelve years ago, so it could be different now, I don't know. I was backstage at one point, a few feet away from Billy and he was playing the intro to Rough Boy and it was just three guys on stage (besides the back-up singer girls) and it sounded HUGE. I turned to the guy that I was with, who was working on the tour and commented that it sounded just like a CD. His answer? "That's because it is." I think they would play some of the stuff but a lot of it was programmed in ahead of time.