Phish?

CRAP
Total votes: 18 (100%)
NOT CRAP (No votes)
Total votes: 18

Band: Phish Phish?

Marsupialized wrote:I used to bang a girl, during high school and just after, who insisted on listening to this song on repeat during the act of coitus I blame this for some of my later, more extreme, proclivitiesAh... so you're a nipple-slicer then? Good to know.
My mind, it's a terrible diskette.

madmanmunt wrote:i am the smud wrote:I met the officer who arrested Gordon, the bassist, in 2003. Gordon is pretty lucky he's still alive after that night.Rolling Stone Magazine wrote:Phish bassist Mike Gordon, 38, was arrested Monday, August 11th, on charges of child endangerment after he was found with a nine-year-old girl in a secluded boathouse during a show by the Dead in Jones Beach, New York....According to New York's WNBC television, Gordon told police that he was taking art photos of the girl.The girl's father -- who, along with Gordon, was an invited guest backstage -- has been identified as a leader of a Hell's Angels chapter. Gordon is reported to have been held by venue security and members of the motorcycle club until police arrived, with WNBC adding that the Angels were not gentle with the sensitive areas of the rock star's body.Jesus!I have a new level of loathing for this band.

Andrew. wrote:cmay wrote:In case anyone missed it, Analyze Phish was a great 4-part podcast in which TV writer/comedian Harris Wittels tries (very unsuccessfully) to convince Scott Aukerman that Phish is actually good. The fourth episode consists of them seeing Phish live in NYC, and is essentially Aukerman taking as many drugs as possible to try and enjoy the show. Highly recommended for people who aren't fans of the band.http://www.earwolf.com/show/analyze-phish/Was going to post this. I never listened to the last one, but stoned Aukerman is probably great. Love Aukerman. Spoiler alert: he never likes Phish.

I think The Divided Sky is a good song, there's some cool stuff going on in it. Not the studio version, but this one version they did on halloween in 1994. Limb By Limb is a nice song, as is Simple. Beyond that, I have no interest in defending Phish. After hearing the song Sleeping Monkey, I decided that Phish aren't worth serious contemplation. They're in it for yucks, a good time. I can't think of any good reason to hate them, it's not like their music is all over the radio. And from what I can tell, they seem like ok people. Trey really likes Slayer, for what it's worth.I met the officer who arrested Gordon, the bassist, in 2003. Gordon is pretty lucky he's still alive after that night.

EmpireStateTroopers wrote:i am the smud wrote:I think The Divided Sky is a good song, there's some cool stuff going on in it. Not the studio version, but this one version they did on halloween in 1994. I was there, bro. seriously!I think they did The White Album that night, right? Oy...those versions were uh, not so good. Probably something you had to be there for.