Looking for shoegazey noise rock

ProTip: For better or worse this is the sole thread dedicated to shoegaze. Is it cool if we kept the chit-chat of other subject matter to threads dedicated to said subject matter. There's an analingus thread in C/NC, and it is genuinely funny and informative. I'd be remiss if I didn't also state that it'd be really neat if we could nix submitting music that has no discernible relation to the sound. Thank you.Facundo wrote:If the telescopes are needles from the stars stuck in the eye of the viewer...[Taste was a major part of the soundtrack to the evening where I discovered Big Black and The Flaming Lips. Fantastic record that to me feels like it doesn't get enough attention.phpBB [media]This is a wonderful record. Highly addictive and super noisy. There's some sort of theme/concept going on about a seal and a girl traveling through time and the music is reflective of that. Super dense, ebullient, noisy trips through psychedelia, shogaze, noisepop, bossa nova, dream pop, and whatever else they can conjure. They have a new project with dudes from Apples in Stereo and the Drums called Sound of Ceres, if you desire.phpBB [media]If you dig the new Slowdive, then check out Christian Saville's side-project, Monster Movie. Lovely, fuzzy dream pop/shoegaze. Apologies if I posted it already.phpBB [media]Solidly sits in my top ten shoegaze releases from this decade. Extremely noisy and pretty AF. The ballad, "On The Floor" is on some weepy Spiritualized kick. So great and highly recommended.
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

phpBB [media]Intoxicating shoegaze/dream pop-blend from Indonesia. The impossibly-high vocals makes me imagine the vocalist is a giant helium balloon floating in the atmosphere. Nice fan-made video to boot. Really dig the video collage. Lends an air of detachment from the sickly-sweet vocals.
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

I've also got to pull a "Hustle Man", and try to sell some of the folks in this thread on some "Board Peeps" work.This album...https://rareplant.bandcamp.com/album/a-harvest-of-iceThis tune...https://rareplant.bandcamp.com/track/watch-you-fallNot sure if it's just the board member in question of some sort of a band, but there is a lot of really, really great playing on this number. It's the first time I've air drummed in a while.While the entire album is great and the involved board folks should take a bow, that jam is pretty timeless.

fiery jack wrote:not convinced by many of the recent posts. this one's a bit obvious but it is, for me, purest shoegaze. First time I heard it was more than two and a half decades ago in (forum legend) cjh's bedroom, all tripped out. Half of me was eyeing his mercury rev poster expecting it to come alive and eat me, the other half was thinking that maybe that wasn't the worst of ideas.phpBB [media]That would be because Medicine are like The Byrds of Shoegaze.Easily some of the greatest stuff ever.

RSMurphy wrote:phpBB [media]Intoxicating shoegaze/dream pop-blend from Indonesia. The impossibly-high vocals makes me imagine the vocalist is a giant helium balloon floating in the atmosphere. Nice fan-made video to boot. Really dig the video collage. Lends an air of detachment from the sickly-sweet vocals.Dang. That echo guitar in the opening was something else.