Re: Good songs by bands you hate

losthighway wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:12 pm
andyman wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:00 pm I've never made it through a Smiths song (I can't stand Morrissey), yet this absolutely slaps:

Apparently Marr's out there singing the songs himself now, removing the biggest barrier to entry: Morrissey's voice.
I like Morrissey's singing, but Johnny sounds great on this.
Morrissey tried to reunite The Smiths for a (cash-grab) tour next year, and Johnny posted a pic of Nigel Farage, basically telling Moz to fuck off. A true British treasure, that man.

If JM does a Smiths tour, I'm there. This sounds great.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Bluegum LaBloat wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:53 pm I like Morrissey's singing and The Smiths' original version, but I think this cover - and Marr's voice in particular - sounds awful, completely soulless and empty, so I guess that's all the major quadrants of take ticked off now.
I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean; it sounds fine to me. Go listen to Evanescence or Fallout Boy if you need overhyped emotions spoon-fed to you.
Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)

zircona1 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:20 pm

That one is mine as well. The band is a fart in the wind, yet that song kinda gets me. There's a little bass modulation thing in the chorus that I like a lot.

I would also add that "Monkey Wrench" by Foo Fighters is pretty good. Can't stand every other note of that band, but even a blind chicken and all of that.