Straight edge?

CRAP?
Total votes: 46 (75%)
NOT CRAP?
Total votes: 15 (25%)
Total votes: 61

Ethos: straight edge

that damned fly wrote:you can't trust a guy who hasn't done any psychedelics.

it's true.

So by your logic, you can trust anyone growing up until they do shrooms or acid?
Marsupialized wrote:I want a piano made out of jello.
It's the only way I'll be able to achieve the sound I hear in my head.

that damned fly wrote:yes. kids are stupid anyway. why the fuck are you listening to and trusting stupid kids?

Because I grew out of my Barney phase a while ago.
Marsupialized wrote:I want a piano made out of jello.
It's the only way I'll be able to achieve the sound I hear in my head.

Marsupialized wrote:Why wouldn't you want to fuck?

I don't understand it at all, everyone wants to fuck...but not these people for some reason. They have a problem with fucking, they don't fuck.

I can see the drugs and drinking, it's not for everyone but the fucking?

So these straight edge people play a show, some hot indie rock girl says 'hey, you guys were awesome...why don't you come hang out at my place when you guys get done here?'
they say 'uh, no sorry I don't fuck'
'what? why not?'
'I don't know'

Their problem is with casual sex - they think it degrades women and men alike. They like fucking fine, just so long as it's in a serious relationship.

I don't know, man, it all just sounds too Catholic for me...

Also there'd never be such an undefined response as "I don't know," you'd get a massive monologue on the rotting state of feminism today and "I don't want you to feel like you're obligated to fuck me" and all that other self-righteous egostroke horsejizz. like a guy would know what's it's like to be a girl? at ALL?
Last edited by SecondEdition_Archive on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

that damned fly wrote:you can't trust a guy who hasn't done any psychedelics.

it's true.

I haven't done any psychedelics.

I want to, however.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

SecondEdition wrote:
Marsupialized wrote:Why wouldn't you want to fuck?

I don't understand it at all, everyone wants to fuck...but not these people for some reason. They have a problem with fucking, they don't fuck.

I can see the drugs and drinking, it's not for everyone but the fucking?

So these straight edge people play a show, some hot indie rock girl says 'hey, you guys were awesome...why don't you come hang out at my place when you guys get done here?'
they say 'uh, no sorry I don't fuck'
'what? why not?'
'I don't know'

Their problem is with casual sex - they think it degrades women and men alike. They like fucking fine, just so long as it's in a serious relationship.

I don't know, man, it all just sounds too Catholic for me...

Also there'd never be such an undefined response as "I don't know," you'd get a massive monologue on the rotting state of feminism today and "I don't want you to feel like you're obligated to fuck me" and all that other self-righteous egostroke horsejizz. like a guy would know what's it's like to be a girl? at ALL?

what a bunch of fucking horseshit
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

I jokingly call myself sXe, but I don't judge or care what anyone else does. The tenets have done alright by me, and I only wish I could be even more sober. The most appealing thing is that there are no excuses. If I make a mistake, it is because I was not paying attention, or I was not good enough. Aside from the ever present danger of being a dick, what are the downsides of the life?