All Purpose Horror Interest Thread

Just watched a teevee series on Netflix, called American Horror Story. They only have season 1 which is a damn shame, cause it was really solid. Highly recommended. It's still on the air, in it's third season right now iirc though maybe it's still the second? Needless to say I set up a DVR series recording for it, can't wait to see season two. First season is set in a house, called the Murder House. It's not anything close to cheesy, as the title might suggest. Apparently season 2 is a whole other set of characters and is set in an insane asylum. Seriously, watch it.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

sack of smashed assholes wrote:I just watched Rubber do not recommend it. I liked the first ten minutes, and thought it had potential. anyone else see it, and think it was painfully boring?I saw it recently. I'm not sure I liked it but it was worth seeing. Maybe it was more like a really extended version of a sketch. Either way, not horror by any stretch.

RSMurphy wrote:I've been wanting to see the Poughkeepsie Tapes for a couple years now and finally did last week. Don't bother. There is one genuinely creepy scene, but it's not enough to justify the rest of the movie. Even looking back on it now it seems ridiculous, but effective. Still wouldn't bother. That film actually exists? I saw a movie poster then, nothing. I always chalked it up to being some sort of a joke.The premise of the West film is interesting. We'll have to see.Have you seen John Dies At The End?

numberthirty wrote:Piece on the new Ti West film -http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3220164/wanna-know-what-ti-wests-eli-roth-produced-the-sacrament-is-about/I'm not sure how others feel, but everything I've seen post-The Inkeepers (and I'm being generous with that one) has been boring. However, I did get a little bit of a thrill reading the plot for the new one and I like AJ Bowen. I've still yet to see West's contribution to The ABCs Of Death, so maybe he's gathering steam?I've been wanting to see the Poughkeepsie Tapes for a couple years now and finally did last week. Don't bother. There is one genuinely creepy scene, but it's not enough to justify the rest of the movie. Even looking back on it now it seems ridiculous, but effective. Still wouldn't bother. Still mystified by Lake Mungo. That movie ruled.Very much looking forward to this:
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

numberthirty wrote:That film actually exists? I saw a movie poster then, nothing. I always chalked it up to being some sort of a joke.You can see it on youtube. I had it built-up in my head that because of its difficulty to find it would be worth it. It's not. Have you seen John Dies At The End?[/quote]Not yet, but I will!
murderedman wrote:Your problem is your bloc attitude.

I watched Beyond the Black Rainbow today and loved it.It's completely derivative of early Cronenberg, Kubrick, and THX-1138, but plays it totally straight. Its production design is almost exactly aligned with my aesthetic preferences. I want to live in this movie's sets!The synth score also rules.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.

numberthirty wrote:RSMurphy wrote:I've been wanting to see the Poughkeepsie Tapes for a couple years now and finally did last week. Don't bother. Jeez. That movie really was a bummer. Not the good kind of bummer.Hey, Poughkeepsie is in my neck of the woods. Around the time it was being made, a real live serial killer was discovered and captured in Poughkeesie, chopping up 8 hookers in his basement. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendall\_Francois I thought The Poughkeepsie Tapes was gonna be about that, but nope. I dunno if they even filmed it in Poughkeepsie...
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives