Quilter Amps

chris jury wrote:I am a big advocate of all things Quilter, as has been obvious.But if you're looking to stay cheap, the above suggestion of the Crate Powerblock is a fine one for both bass and guitar. Just saw Guided by Voices, and rhythm guitar dude was using one- sounded great. I was considering one as a backup. But one of the great things about the quilter, which cannot be said of most other compact Class D amps, is that it can handle any voltage, which is nice if you're doing anything US/EU/UK inclusive. I think the power block does the same but am not 100%Used powerblocks are often $100-125 here.Bobby Bare Jr.?

Quilter Amps

tbone wrote:I've been having issues with my '68 Fender Dual Showman lately, and am thinking I'd like to try out one of these bad boys to see if it'll suit my needs. Which are mainly, loud and mostly clean, can darken a bit to roll off a bit of aluminum neck "sprong" while not getting muddy. I use the fender alongside a Traynor Bassmaster which is more midrangey.So...doable or no? Should I seek out a friendly PRFer in Chicago that can loan me one for a practice some night?(edited to add - I know that I need to just get the Fender fixed and it'll probably last another 50 years, just thinking of rounding things out and having another backup/option available)Totally doable, but you should also get the Dual Showman tuned up as well, because it's worth it and a "lifelong companion" kind of amp.

Quilter Amps

I've been having issues with my '68 Fender Dual Showman lately, and am thinking I'd like to try out one of these bad boys to see if it'll suit my needs. Which are mainly, loud and mostly clean, can darken a bit to roll off a bit of aluminum neck "sprong" while not getting muddy. I use the fender alongside a Traynor Bassmaster which is more midrangey.So...doable or no? Should I seek out a friendly PRFer in Chicago that can loan me one for a practice some night?(edited to add - I know that I need to just get the Fender fixed and it'll probably last another 50 years, just thinking of rounding things out and having another backup/option available)

Quilter Amps

The more I use it for guitar the more I'm starting not to like it so much. I feel like I have to pluck/strum extra hard to get any sustain out of it, which became obvious after switching back to an older amp the other night. Maybe it's good as a practice amp for that reason? Dunno..

Quilter Amps

tbone wrote:Oh yeah absolutely. Not planning on parting ways with it. Just thinking maybe ol' girl probably doesn't need to make it out to the shitty bars my band plays every few months.This is exactly what it's for! Old Fender stuff is about as durable as it comes. Rock it, don't worry about it.

Quilter Amps

First time in the tech room! I picked one up from a forum member a few months ago, and I've been steady using it ever since. It sounds FANTASTIC. Great break up, and as loud as you need it to be. Playing through a 2X12 Avatar that I also swindled from another forum member--the combination sounds out of this world. I really miss nothing about my vox, to be honest. Maybe the trem setting on the amp, but that's about it. I've never turned it up past 20 watts, and it blazes. The response from pedals is so immediate and rad. Not covered up by a dimed tube amp, I guess.

Quilter Amps

Rimbaud III wrote:I'm intrigued by what I'm hearing of these amps - so much punch in such a small package. I'd like to buy one but I'm a bit confuddled over what to be looking at specifically. I want to run my Bass VI through one, and avail of both its bass and guitar sounds. I see the TB201 gets a mention here, but I'm trying to be sensible and keep the amp and cab purchase to below 500 (about $640). The belower the beletter, really. Any suggestions, folks?I'll sell you my tone block 200 for 250 plus shipping, if you want. We used it with our tb2000 and a rusty box for our main bass sound for a year or so. Sounded great with guitar too. Only selling as I bought Zdora's rack preamp and decided to just get a rack poweramp too and fire both in a case. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3038914651EBay listing has a picture if you're a visual sort of guy.