Re: Shoegaze

This could also go in the 2023 albums of the year thread. Sumptuous dreampop and soothing shoegaze out of Estonia. Sean O'Hagan drops string arrangements on a few of the tunes. Very pretty.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

"Tuas Pegadas" off of Corpus de Água from Sonhos Tomam Conta has wonderful, shimmering, and chiming melodies riding atop the swirling din. Their vocals get a bit screamy on the latter half of the record but I don't seem to mind as all the songs are deeply melodic and dreamy.

6 pages into a PRF thread on Shoegaze and no one mentioned Bailter Space.

Shame on you all. I’m not even going to post a nice link to an external site…

Just google Wammo.

Shezzh
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

Not in this thread, but I've def professed my love for this band here before. Wammo is very likely one of the most underrated records of all time, and the re-master sounds fantastic.

I will occasionally have some fun and put my EGC on one single coil, bump the treble a tick on my amp, put a slight delay at the end of one signal and play the first 2 songs from that record. So, so good.

Frankie99 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:20 pm Not in this thread, but I've def professed my love for this band here before. Wammo is very likely one of the most underrated records of all time, and the re-master sounds fantastic.

I will occasionally have some fun and put my EGC on one single coil, bump the treble a tick on my amp, put a slight delay at the end of one signal and play the first 2 songs from that record. So, so good.
Probably one of the best opening moments on any record IMO.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

rsmurphy wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:51 pm

From 2004. So gooey and viscous. Can't find a thing about this band.
This is a good one. Largely falls in that For Every River Buried & Twenty Six Bobby J sound and Jandek-ian aesthetic

I have a few bookmarked bits and cassette rips of the odd stuff but never ventured much past the g**gle pg. 2 dead zone... Keep Digging!

Gramsci wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:17 am 6 pages into a PRF thread on Shoegaze and no one mentioned Bailter Space.
I posted the title track to Robot World in the songs that soar thread. Best song.
LBx wrote:Largely falls in that For Every River Buried & Twenty Six Bobby J sound and Jandek-ian aesthetic Image
Thanks for the recommendation!