Portland

Give me a lobster roll.
Total votes: 10 (67%)
Let me get an IPA.
Total votes: 5 (33%)
Total votes: 15

Re: Portland: Maine Vs Oregon

Awesome! I've been getting Kath into baseball this summer - she's favorited the Orioles because she likes the logo - so, hopefully, she'll be into going to a game when we get up there. (Right now, she can do the eight minute condensed games on the MLB app. She says she's not sure about a whole game.)
🎸 krakoa.bandcamp.com
📚 barnesandnoble.com/s/Charlie%20Pauken
🥪 sandwichbully.blogspot.com

both suck, portland maine is preferable due to it being maine and east coast. however the white gentrification had made portland and most of maine unaffordable, plus you have to drive to drive 2 hours to get to another big city and your choice is boston. I've lived in an out of maine for years and between the small town drama and cost of living its hard

Krev wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:01 pm "White flight" to the suburbs made American cities affordable for artists, musicians, and general fuck-ups. That tide has turned toward urban gentrification, and rich whitey wants his celebrity chef restaurant.
Not sure which city you’re from, but the rich have always held the same parts of these cities. The wealthy aren’t moving out of the West Hills, Alameda Ridge or Laurelhurst to take over other parts of the city.

I see it as billable-hours professional and technical class mostly-whitey wants a more manageable commute/3-mile bike ride to work and walkable nabe with a good watering hole and good not-too-fussy food nearby. Not too different from what those you describe above wanted, or hell, what most of them became when they stopped being fuckups, got partners, had families, and fell into a career.

It’s those that are still trying to live at 55 like they did when they were 25 that end up suffering. Getting old is a bitch. Doing it while living the same life you did in your early 20s can be particularly brutal.