Re: Politics

losthighway wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:13 pm I'm all too happy to see Hunter Biden taken to task on gun charges, but the irony of team second amendment rooting for them along side me is a little too ironic.
Conversely, it doesn’t get much lib attention, but hoo boy, could this kid be a bigger cliche of an idiot born with a coke spoon up his ass? Naked gunplay with hookers? Good grief.

zorg wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:45 pm
losthighway wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:13 pm I'm all too happy to see Hunter Biden taken to task on gun charges, but the irony of team second amendment rooting for them along side me is a little too ironic.
Conversely, it doesn’t get much lib attention, but hoo boy, could this kid be a bigger cliche of an idiot born with a coke spoon up his ass? Naked gunplay with hookers? Good grief.
This should be a poster child argument to 'conservatives' why hereditary wealth and title is bad and why inheritance taxes are good.

We've got too many billionaires who think their special little splooge-clones are somehow up to the task, when we have 5+ millennia of historical record that says otherwise.

penningtron wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:20 am re: House GOP mess. McCarthy is scum and most Democrats hate him I realize, but do they actually think they'll have a better chance avoiding a November shutdown if a Trump loyalist becomes speaker? What a shit show.
If McCarthy refuses to share any power with Democrats, then screw him.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

jfv wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:36 am
penningtron wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:20 am re: House GOP mess. McCarthy is scum and most Democrats hate him I realize, but do they actually think they'll have a better chance avoiding a November shutdown if a Trump loyalist becomes speaker? What a shit show.
It's crazy. If McCarthy could be vaguely bipartisan, slightly moderate he could solidify the 48% of Dems in the House behind him, keep 20-25% of the GOP with him as "adults in the room" and try to prove that the right wing of the legislative branch can actually govern and keep the lights on. But no.

losthighway wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:11 pm
jfv wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:36 am
It's crazy. If McCarthy could be vaguely bipartisan, slightly moderate he could solidify the 48% of Dems in the House behind him, keep 20-25% of the GOP with him as "adults in the room" and try to prove that the right wing of the legislative branch can actually govern and keep the lights on. But no.
I just migrated my ass downstairs to watch C-SPAN. Gaetz is speaking now.

Definitely worth watching right now..
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)