Best Shellac Q & A?

'When's the new album coming out?'
'It's coming out next week, it's called Fuck Wicker Park'

A lot of people took that statement as fact that night. I even read about it in a review of the show soon after 'Their new record Fuck Wicker Park is due out this week...'
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

Best Shellac Q & A?

Minotaur029 wrote:
owen wrote:one of the hideout shows (Saturday night, w/Bear Claw)

actually, it was more like this:

Minotaur029: Why doesn't shellac attract more women to their shows than Rifle Sport? (Is that how I phrased it? I was drunk.)

Steve: We're more painful during intercourse. We had a good number at first and we split a few of them open...they told their friends and they told their friends....you know how it is.

\.

takes on more meaning!
myspace.com/mouthbreathermusic
myspace.com/tremendousfucking

Best Shellac Q & A?

Adam P wrote:I remember the few bars of "La Grange", which was prompted, I believe, by someone asking if they still had "the Top tape". Steve also told a really long story in the middle of "Wingwalker", but perhaps he does that frequently.

La Grange may have been invoked by the mention of the Top tape / Top Pod, but I think it was directly a result of a question about what songs the band covers at practice. Bob replied that they sometimes play the first few bars of La Grange, but then forget what comes next, or something like that. It was then revealed that they mostly cover Shellac songs.

The Wingwalker story was, again if I remember, introduced as something Steve hadn't told often, maybe only once before, or something. That may or may not have been a lie. It was a great story, and a fascinating look at the inside of the song. What a great night that was.

"Crow" rocked harder than usual, as well.
Rick Reuben wrote:You are dumber than week-old donuts.

Best Shellac Q & A?

ironyengine wrote:
Adam P wrote:I remember the few bars of "La Grange", which was prompted, I believe, by someone asking if they still had "the Top tape". Steve also told a really long story in the middle of "Wingwalker", but perhaps he does that frequently.

La Grange may have been invoked by the mention of the Top tape / Top Pod, but I think it was directly a result of a question about what songs the band covers at practice. Bob replied that they sometimes play the first few bars of La Grange, but then forget what comes next, or something like that. It was then revealed that they mostly cover Shellac songs.

The Wingwalker story was, again if I remember, introduced as something Steve hadn't told often, maybe only once before, or something. That may or may not have been a lie. It was a great story, and a fascinating look at the inside of the song. What a great night that was.

"Crow" rocked harder than usual, as well.

Your (or your friend's) recollection far surpasses my own. Salut.

Best Shellac Q & A?

Minotaur029 wrote:
owen wrote:one of the hideout shows (Saturday night, w/Bear Claw)

Minotaur029: Why doesn't shellac attract more women to their shows than Rifle Sport? (Is that how I phrased it? I was drunk.)

Steve: We're more painful during intercourse. We had a good number at first and we split the difference...they told their friends and they told their friends....you know how it is.

I forgot that Steve said stuff after the "we're more painful during intercourse" part. Tanks for the memories.

Don't forget me hiding my face with my hand during this whole exchange while I was standing next to you, Minotaur.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Best Shellac Q & A?

At one of the Hideout shows back in December, during "Wingwalker" Steve was saying that while flying, he'd look down at all the tiny cars and tiny houses and think ,"Maybe down there in one of those houses, some guy is beating his wife, and some girl is experiencing anal sex for the first time."

About a week later, I was on a plane bound for New York, and I couldn't help thinking while looking out the window, "some chick down there is taking it up the ass right now."

Thanks, Steve. Thank you for that.
Last edited by Colonel Panic_Archive on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.