One Last Show...

Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote: All former band members must still be alive.

since everyone is ignoring this rule...

BRAINIAC

I saw them 12 times and I would gladly see the 1200 more, they blew my mind everytime and the CDs don't do them justice...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

One Last Show...

benmichell wrote:3. killdozer, bill & dan lineup

you sir missed out, being a wisconsinite seeing them was a right of passage... they were soooooo gooooood...
Ty Webb wrote:
You need to stop pretending that this is some kind of philosophical choice not to procreate and just admit you don't wear pants to the dentist.

One Last Show...

around page 3 of perusing this thread, i thought i was gonna have to be the first one to say the smiths...good on ya, whoever did. but anyway:

1. the smiths
2. smashing pumpkins (during either the rock invasion tour or infinite sadness tour before jimmy got fired...i saw them just after and while matt walker did do an excellent job, particularly in the time frame he had to learn songs, it just wasn't the same...although i was lucky enough to attend jimmy's first show back, featuring the original lineup and a healthy dose of old songs.)
3. soundgarden
4. the police
5. depeche mode (as a 4-piece, circa music for the masses)

my honourable mention is stone temple pilots, during their first 3 or 4 records...they're still technically a band i think, but i imagine it'll be quite some time, if ever, till we see a new record from them.

and i don't mean to throw stones, as i am usually quite content to leave people to their own musical devices, but i gotta say a big huh? to everyone who picked steely dan. i mean come on.