PRF010 Teeth The Strain - Available! #rockvscancerrockwins

Tommy Alpha wrote:kerble wrote:I've been following this thread with regularity, and I just wanted to say that you people are beautiful, and this whole thing is beautiful.you make me proud to call you friends.onward!This. 1000 times this. Have an amazing time, Mr. G. I can't wait to hear the record- the demos you posted were brutal.WOW. Thank you! Never really get that kind of feedback outside of people I know. Think I'm gonna try out my Sunn head today, then I'm gonna take it to John Nau.http://web.mac.com/tom.hedrick/iWeb/Nau/Welcome.htmlI might get him to craft a footswitch for it as well.

I think this is great and will support it however I can.If I have one piece of advice it's this: Lyrically, write as honestly as you can. (unless i'm a dimwit and it's going to be instrumental)You are in a unique and somewhat freeing place that way. Writing about your situation can be powerfully lyrically as well as musically. I like what i've heard, good riffs and the basis for some good structure if you stay vigilant with the compositions. There is a vaguely desert rock with a touch of doom element to it. If I heard it on a blind listen, I would like it.Question:Are you wanting to keep it to just you and your brother on this recording or would you be potentially interested in the idea of special guests? (note: I am not talking about me)
Yes it's true, I am made from atoms.

noise&light wrote:Mister Grabski wrote:I'd be down with special guests, sure! I'm thinkin', like.... Michael McDonald?Oh my gosh! Michael McDonald is the first person that came to mind? Hilarious! Truth be told, Faiz does a pretty spot-on McDonald if you are going the discount route.Ah, yacht rock... set sail.http://youtu.be/jMTI8vg7A5U
"If you can't get 'yer rock & roll across in less than two minutes,
another five isn't going to make the difference"
- Lin Brehmer