Re: Streaming Netflix/Hulu/etc. - what's good lately?

Agreed. It's pretty surface level and Rick Rubin seems like a lump but Macca is pretty cool and humble considering he could get away with being an asshole. And yeah it's charming watching him fanboy out over Little Richard, Jimi Hendrix, and Fela Kuti.

things I've watched/finished recently:

Bo Burnham Inside: I used to find him annoying but this was remarkably well done.
Season 2 Dave: not as funny as the first season but it had its moments.
Kevin Can F Himself season 1: got kind of bored with the format by the end, seems like they will stretch this into 5 seasons. Not interested..
Music

boilermaker wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:44 am Anyone else watching HBO's White Lotus? I'm loving the music in it.
Yes, I mention White Lotus on the previous page. three episodes in and things are getting interesting. Kinda have a crush on Rachel. The music and titles are fantastic. I love Molly Shannon, so I'll stick around for her, too. The Armond character is quite likable as well.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

Anonymous37 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:01 pm Netflix

Series 3 of The Repair Shop, a BBC series where a barnful of craftsmen and -women repair and refurbish various items. A bit too much filler: the show could do with more footage of the actual work, but still quite enjoyable.
I love this show but on USA Netflix there’s only the first season
https://instagram.com/homo_nyms_?igshid ... c2ODk2ZA==
https://slowdownmercury.bandcamp.com/

penningtron wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:26 pm Val on Prime, Val Kilmer's self-directed documentary comprised of his own footage, is not something I would have expected to be necessary viewing but it was pretty touching. A lot of it grapples with his post throat cancer life (he has to speak through one of those boxes) and that his best days are probably behind him.
Can't wait to watch this, probably gonna do it tonight.

Leos Carax's follow up to Holy Motors, the crazy sounding Sparks written musical Annette drops on Prime tomorrow, CANNOT WAIT.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com