Band: Can

Crap
Total votes: 5 (7%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 69 (93%)
Total votes: 74

Band: Can Band: Can

robert thefamilyghost wrote:Robert G wrote:He was playing back the remastered Soon Over Babaluma over the store PA, which from what I could hear, was actually not that "bad."much less good than the preceding albums, but still a good record!I think Soon Over Babaluma was the first album by Can that I acquired. I got it in a pile of records someone had left at an apartment my father was in charge of renting. (this pile also included the first Stooges record) It caused me to pretty much fall in love with Can immediately.
Available in hit crimson or surprising process this calculator will physics up your kitchen

Despite always loving Ege Bamyasi some of the (usually earlier) vocal and guitar excesses of Can have sometimes grated on me so I never got around to hearing Future Days until just a few weeks ago. Absolutely ridiculous how good this album is, a masterpiece and also just about the ultimate record for spring listening. NC.

LBx wrote:Isabelle Gall wrote:I never got around to hearing Future Days until just a few weeks ago. Absolutely ridiculous how good this album istarandfeathers wrote:Yeah, Future Days is brilliant.Can't get into it. Should I 1) try another or 2) leave out the back door?Tago Mago, my friend. Tago Mago. The first four songs are flawless.

Bill Swansea - Are you familiar with Shikako Maru Ten? It was released as a b-side to the single version of Spoon in 1971, the same year as 'Turtles'. Its downbeat, 7/8 shuffling groove is one my my favourite non-album tracks.Here's my rubbish but (to me at least) pleasing Can anecdote from a couple of weeks ago. As its autumn I was hankering for a bit of nostalgia and was poking around Flickr for images of London in the 1970s and 80s when I noticed a black and white set from the Notting Hill Carnival. I thought this should provide succor with a background glimpse of an Austin Allegro or something when I chanced on this image:http://www.flickr.com/photos/30063076@N02/5692702098Clearly Holger from Can up to some mad shit. Feeling bold, I blasted the link over to czukay.de and had a charming exchange of emails with the old buffer. He remembered it well and spoke fondly of his Nakamichi tape machine that he was using to capture festival ambiance.(Of course I took no credit for this and copied in the owner too who was an interesting guy in his own right, he mentioned the republic of Frestonia and the London squat scene of that period whose burning braziers and greyscale concrete more than provided the period hit I was after.)

Bill Swansea wrote:How good is CAN? I'll tell you with this hidden gem that I've never heard before in my life. Released as a single (!) around the time of Tago Mago. It's a pop song, yes, but it's still pushing forward. It manages to sound remarkably contemporary to right now as well as futuristic at the same time.Excellent! I haven't ever heard that one either. So good.