Best Shellac Q & A?

steve wrote:Same thing happened recently in Spain. Kid was pretty good.

And in Dublin in 1998. The kid wanted to play Todd's drums, and after 5 painful minutes I remember you giving him cash to get off the stage. Which he did.

Best question from the same show was regarding Bob's shiny red shirt which he wore that night:

Q. "Does Barry Manilow know that Bob has raided his wardrobe?"

Best Shellac Q & A?

April 13th, 2005
Shellac w/Arcwelder @ First Ave.
Definitely one of the best shows i ever did see.

The q&a starts and I fumbled around for something fun and witty to ask. Nothing. All I could come up with was "When are you guys coming to Thunder Bay?" Pathetic. To which Bob replies "Well, you're already here so now we don't have to go". Laughter ensues. I'm a twit.

Actually before that, a guy asked Steve why his guitar strap looks like a fanny pack. Laughter ensues, though somewhat hesitantly. Steve turns around from tuning his guitar with a look on his face that appeared to be a mix of "that's pretty funny" and "you little piece of cunt!". Bob leans into the mic and says something to the effect of "remind me to pay that guy 20 bucks later". Good stuff.

Best Shellac Q & A?

Friday night Hideout Shellac Show

Q: "Why doesn't Todd have a mic?"

Steve: "He actually has several mics (pointing to various mics on the drum kit)...look, one there, another there, two right here."

I swear someone that was not me did the Nelson Muntz "HAW-HAW" in response.
Stephen Sowley
sowley@electrical.com
Capt. James T. Lunatic wrote:I Didn't Fight A Secret War In Nicaragua So You Could Walk These Streets Of Freedom Badmouthing Lady America, In Your Damn Mirrored Sunglasses

Best Shellac Q & A?

Mark Van Deel wrote:
Is there a Shellac-as-ABBA Halloween gig in the works?

Would go see.

Does anyone remember the New Years Eve/New Years posters for the gigs at Lounge Ax and Fireside? The posters asked audience members not to ask when the new record was coming out and not to ask the band to play "The Immigrant Song."

At the Fireside show, someone asked when the new record was coming out, and Bob grabbed a vinyl copy of (the not-yet-released Terraform) and gave it to the guy.

I guess if someone had asked them to play "The Immigrant Song," they would have played it. I'm not sure who would have handled the "ah ah ah" part, but I'd vote for Bob.[/i]
Last edited by tinycorkscrew_Archive on Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Best Shellac Q & A?

The Code is Almighty wrote:96-97ish Shellag at Lincoln Park Fest

Someone shouted out to Bob asking what the red handkerchief Steve had hanging out of his back pocket meant. Steve stopped tuning for a second and turned around to face the audience, declaring "likes to fist-fuck."

That one has stuck with me.

Whatever.

Best Shellac Q & A?

The Boss wrote:
The Code is Almighty wrote:96-97ish Shellag at Lincoln Park Fest

Someone shouted out to Bob asking what the red handkerchief Steve had hanging out of his back pocket meant. Steve stopped tuning for a second and turned around to face the audience, declaring "likes to fist-fuck."

That one has stuck with me.

Whatever.

good one

Best Shellac Q & A?

I haven't been to a shellac show yet, but there is a video--if you allow me to be a nerd, where some guy asks, "why do you suck so much?" and steve says, why do I suck so much...? because your mom was busy...

that was a great response if you ask me.
ben wrote:I tend to get a little cynical in social situations where I see large groups of people enjoying themselves.