current DIY projects you are working on .. or planning on.

Here is how I have been doing a dual gain set up on my distortion pedals.you get 2 gain settings and when it is on gain 2 setting the LED flashes along as you play.I like that.I do not like how it Pops so loud when you switch it over. Would a pulldown resistor at the pot input or at the switch help this at all? Where would be the best place to put it? 1Meg?I think I am pretty much finished tinkering with the circuit and as soon as I get this figured out I'll have 8 available Red Lama Clones with 2 switchable gain settings for around $115 if any one is interested.ThanksJason

PEPPER! wrote:it would be cool to have a spring reverb as well.I have been using the spring reverb in my Epiphone amp on vocals for a while and love it. It is boingy and weird but I think it sounds good. I used it all over the stuff I recorded for Heather. I have even run digital reverb through the spring and then just used that. I like it a lot better than digital reverb of any kind. I have been brainstorming some spring reverb plans for a while. Slinkys, man... Slinkys.The PAiA Hot Springs is supposedly nice too. Around a hundo I think. I want to mount one into the case of my Sansui Reverb amp that looks like it is from space.

A friend of mine brought me a Kustom 1B bass amp about a year ago saying it would buzz real loud. It has been sitting in my living room since then and I never got around to checking it out. He has since moved to Seattle and it became a fuck it, it's yours situation. Tonight turned it on and it sounded pretty cool. A lot of lows, fuzzy mids and a fairly clear top end. Good for low level bass guitar and great for Keys which is why I got curious about it. It is 1X15 and by the sound of it, around 35 watts. Solid state.It would be perfect for our keys rig accept that after about 3 minutes, it starts getting a humming sound and if you touch the volume knob, it crackles at full volume. CKTCKTHTKCHTCK!That is crap. The light flickers too while it is crackling too.I have never had an amp with a bad transformer but have imagined that this is how one would behave. I hit all the solder points hoping it was just a bad connection but no good.I hope it is just caps but am not sure if it is (the only amp I have had caps go bad on wouldn't make any sound other than BuZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Never eased into crap.)I know these aren't really super expensive vintage gear and am a little concerned that the cost of repair would be more than the amp is worth. It would be perfect for what I need out of a keyboard amp and even a low level bass recording amp (it really sounded pretty good) but I don't want to spend a ton of cash getting it fixed. I am perfectly capable of replacing parts, I just know nothing about diagnosing problems.Any help would be awesome. Thanks Some pictures.grillFaceplate rightfaceplate leftPre Circuit leadsCabFuck yeah for free! If I cant get it working, I might make it a Bassman pre circuit with a simple solid state power section or just cut it down into a 1X15 cab.