New football season 2008-2009

Raymond Domenech reminds me of Pierre Arditi:

Regarding l'Angleterre: a controversial idea occurred to me this morning - one which I don't believe in myself, but I certainly would like to.

Maybe Second Choice Steve has become a good manager! I mean, not a world class manager, but an alright one. Maybe - just maybe - the experiences of the last six months, and the incredibly rough time he's been having have tought him a lot. Maybe he's become more tenacious, tactically astute, able to exert his power and influence. Perhaps?

Why do I want to believe in this theory? Because if England do succeed in qualifying for Euro 2008 - which looks a lot likelier than it did a week ago - we're stuck with him for the tournament proper. There's no way they'll sack him.

One can only live in hope....
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.

simmo wrote:Raymond Domenech reminds me of Pierre Arditi:

Except that Pierre Arditi is not some dumbass who believes in astrology and he doesn't pretend to be a coach.
Since he is the manager of the national team, France has only played two excellent matches, against Spain and Brazil during last World Cup. By accident, these were two of the only teams that were not playing defensively. If the other team plays defensively, France is not able to score a goal. That's what understood Italy last saturday and Scotland yesterday : you cannot lose with 9 or 10 defenders and only 1 striker, and you can even win when the striker scores a tremendous goal. Everybody knows that, except Domenech...

sleepkid wrote:
Josef K wrote:McFadden's 30 yarder

It's quite a shot. However, I have to fault the keeper a bit. His body is clearly under it, and the right hand, or both hands would be a more obvious choice. I think he was trying for a dramatic punch, and it caught him out because there was a bit of swerve to it.

Very pleased for the win though.

Faddy hit it really early, the keeper wasn't set at all. I think he could've done better too, but when a shot is hit that early it's hard for the keeper.

Also, Trezeguet is a dick.
"Why stop now, just when I'm hating it?" - Marvin