what're you buyin', what's on its way?

ipitcher wrote:I like the German carve on those things, but it's sort of half-assed the way it terminates harshly into the horn area. Are you considering putting a more massive bridge on it? I would, if I could find something that won't hang over the edge. You have to figure that's it's already modified (and heavy) enough, you might as well keep improving it.I have a lead on an original Badass I bridge which looks like it will fit (3 hole), so I'll probably add that on after I've played it for a bit to get a sense of it. I actually have another bridge just sitting around from an older project, but it's the newer 4 hole model, and I'm not so good at drilling holes in things, especially basses.
dontfeartheringo wrote:
FuzzBob wrote:Wait a minute... don't drums auto-relic themselves on every load-out?

I suppose that this depends on how drunk the bass player is.

i just saw a Sakai (japanese) 80s SG Copy. i tested it. it was in pretty good shape, great action, excellent intonation. the pickups were changed, a schaller bridge pickup and a no-name neck pickup. both pickup sound GREAT. the guy wants 300$ for it.the problem?..:it has a ugly-ass floyd rose-type bridge installed. could it cause too much problems? it is posible to go back to a standard tune-o-matic bridge of sorts? or i could be happy living with it?
so yeah, i'm a pussy.

noise&light wrote:Standard Gretsch rock kit. The Catalina Club Mod with the silver sparkle stripes. Hopefully I'll get that one. This shell has been discontinued and I need to pick one up at my local shop before someone else gets it.Waiting until my drums are sold so I can pick this puppy up. Waiting, waiting impatiently.La La Love YouThose will look so boss with that LB badge you have on the front of your drum now.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

noise&light wrote:Standard Gretsch rock kit. The Catalina Club Mod with the silver sparkle stripes. Hopefully I'll get that one. This shell has been discontinued and I need to pick one up at my local shop before someone else gets it.Waiting until my drums are sold so I can pick this puppy up. Waiting, waiting impatiently.La La Love YouThe drummer in my band plays these (his are black w/ a red stripe). They sound awesome. Good choice.

Remo head - 12 in Ambassador Clear Remo head - 12 in Ambassador CoatedRemo head - 13 in Ambassador Clear Remo head - 14 in Ambassador Clear Remo head - 16 in Ambassador Clear Remo head - 16 in Ambassador Coated Viper Lube Grease 3oz - for rods and drum partsClassic BD Felt Muffler Strip Die Cast Chrome Hoop - 16 in -8 hl Tension Rod - CHROME 3 in / 75mm 12.7mm floor tom legs - special order22 Gretsch bass drum hoopPratt Muffler for my Gretsch bass drumI just need to get some hoops and legs for the second floor tom and some legs for the bass drum and this thing will be playable.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE

Benny wrote:i just saw a Sakai (japanese) 80s SG Copy. i tested it. it was in pretty good shape, great action, excellent intonation. the pickups were changed, a schaller bridge pickup and a no-name neck pickup. both pickup sound GREAT. the guy wants 300$ for it.the problem?..:it has a ugly-ass floyd rose-type bridge installed. could it cause too much problems? it is posible to go back to a standard tune-o-matic bridge of sorts? or i could be happy living with it?Only guitar I have with a Floyd on it is my Jackson. Played it for a lot of years and never had troubles with it. It can be a pain in the ass to get it set up right, intonation-wise, and you gotta figure out the right number and location for the springs inside the body, but once that's squared away, it can be just fine. If it's got the locking nut, once it's in tune it can stay in tune really well.If you break a string, then forget it, you gotta put a new one on. With most fixed-bridge instruments, especially if they're really solid, if you break a string you can usually finish the song and the worst part of it is that it can be tricky to play your song with a missing string. If you break a string with a Floyd, don't play another note, unless you're gonna just go for crazy noise or feedback or something. Cause every remaining string will be way, way the hell out of tune.Lotsa cool sounds can come from a Floyd (or Kahler or whatever) that you won't get any other way. Bigsbys can be good for a detune-only type vibrato, but the Floyd can go either way, and can give a wider dive, if you're interested in that.You probably won't hear much love for the Floyd here, but I like alright. I usually lean towards the fixed bridge, but I'm glad I have one guitar with a Floyd.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album