Re: Little Details from Your Day

Full day of work at the office.. then drove an hour to visit my mom for a few hours, who is recovering from pneumonia and feeling lonely.. then drove another hour home just in time to hear my wife and youngest daughter yelling at each other about her homework.

It’s been a day.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

I've always been into perfume, used to buy it and wear it regularly, and have read much about it, but since getting into the wine business that took a back seat, since it's (for good reason) frowned upon to wear it at work. Last night I took a class on perfumery and am thinking about moving from wine into that. More classes scheduled. We'll see. I'm getting tired of the wine business.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:33 pm I've always been into perfume, used to buy it and wear it regularly, and have read much about it, but since getting into the wine business that took a back seat, since it's (for good reason) frowned upon to wear it at work. Last night I took a class on perfumery and am thinking about moving from wine into that. More classes scheduled. We'll see. I'm getting tired of the wine business.
I’ve been interested in pottery lately. I’d like to take some classes. I’ve also become interested in olive oils. Strange how these new interests dawn on a person.

Dave N. wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:42 pm
enframed wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:33 pm I've always been into perfume, used to buy it and wear it regularly, and have read much about it, but since getting into the wine business that took a back seat, since it's (for good reason) frowned upon to wear it at work. Last night I took a class on perfumery and am thinking about moving from wine into that. More classes scheduled. We'll see. I'm getting tired of the wine business.
I’ve been interested in pottery lately. I’d like to take some classes. I’ve also become interested in olive oils. Strange how these new interests dawn on a person.
It's not all that strange to me. We're all hitting the age when some of our past interests are no longer tenable, perhaps.

I played in a band regularly for years, and then had a family and decided I needed a hobby that I could do more often at home, so I started brewing beer.

I brewed beer as a regular hobby for some ten years or so. At some point, I decided I was drinking way too much and needed to try something else.

Since then, I've had temporary replacements, like converting old reel-to-reel tapes from my Dad's band to digital, but nothing sustainable for more than a few months. I also tried making hot sauces for a while, but that didn't take (the local folks who are good at it are way better than me). I also tried getting back into the songwriting/band stuff. Others are way better at it than me. I'm too self-conscious to get back into it.

Anyway, definitely check out your new interests. And as many of them as possible. You never know what's gonna stick.

Also, I post too often on here. Sorry for that.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)