Re: What are you buying, What's on its way?

Nate Dort wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:36 am Rolling the dice on an "untested" Calrec Soundfield Mk. IV system. I think the seller got it from a storage unit liquidation or a church closing or something, because none of their other items are of this ilk. Hopefully it just needs a good cleaning and refoaming, based on the photos. Price was too good to pass up.
Holy shit
"lol, listen to op 'music' and you'll understand"....

https://sebastiansequoiah-grayson.bandcamp.com/
https://oblier.bandcamp.com/releases
https://youtube.com/user/sebbityseb

Nate Dort wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:36 am Rolling the dice on an "untested" Calrec Soundfield Mk. IV system. I think the seller got it from a storage unit liquidation or a church closing or something, because none of their other items are of this ilk. Hopefully it just needs a good cleaning and refoaming, based on the photos. Price was too good to pass up.
This arrived today. It "works," but has low output. Pretty sure all four of the capsules need to be replaced, as they're all missing quite a bit of the gold coating on the membranes. I contacted Soundfield (Rode) in Australia to see what they say about servicing it.

Nate Dort wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:05 pm
This arrived today. It "works," but has low output. Pretty sure all four of the capsules need to be replaced, as they're all missing quite a bit of the gold coating on the membranes. I contacted Soundfield (Rode) in Australia to see what they say about servicing it.
The Rode aspect is interesting, as I recently learned they have their own sound field mic.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

I just replaced my old table saw and router with nice new SawStop stuff. Once I get a couple home improvement projects out of the way I’d like to get back to making some stave drums. I think I posted a couple snares back on the old board, but I haven’t made a drum in 8 years or so. Kinda want to make a little 12/14/18 bop kit but I also want to make a ridiculous 7 piece concert tom kit.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

twelvepoint wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:45 am I just replaced my old table saw and router with nice new SawStop stuff.
I thought I replied when you first posted about this but wow + super jealous. These are the two bits of equipment that terrify me the most using them. I built a sauna last year for my wife and used the table saw quite a bit + am using the cedar scraps for additional little things... both of which entailed a lot of ripping. It can be below freezing in my garage and I'll still be sweating buckets each time.

I think a track for my circular saw will probably end up being my table saw avoidance mechanism. Being a weekend warrior it's hard to justify the expense for the nice stuff; maybe in retirement when I get a lathe, a mill, a band saw, etc...