Bob Dylan

Crap
Total votes: 15 (35%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 28 (65%)
Total votes: 43

Artist: Bob Dylan Bob Dylan

llllllllllllllllllllllll wrote:The Rolling Thunder Revue doc on Netflix is great. If Bob seems like he s having a little too good of a time in his interview scenes, take heed.I really liked it, though I wish there had been even more concert footage and less interviews. Also, some of the intentional inaccuracies (Bob getting the idea of painting his face from seeing a Kiss show, the entire Sharon Stone thing) just seemed kind of dumb. And that Patti Smith scene...oof.
There are crispy fries waiting to come out of your oven: you just have to make them and put them there.

Angus Jung wrote:My understanding is that a lot of the footage in this new doc is from the Renaldo and Clara movie, which is not acknowledged. Kind of like Scorsese used footage from Eat The Document for his previous Dylan documentary and didn't acknowledge that either.Concert footage maybe, and they allude to that in the film. There is a character Stefan van Dorp who is interviewed and complains throughout about all of his footage being ripped off.
There are crispy fries waiting to come out of your oven: you just have to make them and put them there.

Angus Jung wrote:Maybe my favorite scene is Joni Mitchell playing "Coyote," which she had just written, with Robert Plant McGuinn and Dylan not really being able to play along with her, and Dylan, who's the total alpha dog in every other scene in the movie, being meek and utterly deferential to her and her talent.YES. Outstanding. Watching that, I thought I think I just GOT Joni Mitchell.It's exactly as you described. She's in her weird open tuning and the other dudes are just sort of flummoxed.