Moderator: Greg

UFC

Crap
Total votes: 13 (76%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 4 (24%)
Total votes: 17

UFC UFC

Last three fights this past week were outstanding. Very few outrightly unlikable fighters, too, which was nice (please don't post some weird Trump shit with Pourier, let me have this). I don't the Holloway lost as decisively the final tally told, though. He lost, yes, but he inflicted a lot of damage. He also bled like a stuck pig and got S H O O K a couple times. Still my favorite fighter. IT IS WHAT IT IS! HA! Adesanya is outrageously exciting to watch. It's like watching real-time action films or something. He's bonks. Love him, love his attitude, love his entire family joining him after the win. Khalil Rountree was the real star of the night, though. That was methodical, measured, and so fucking BRUTAL. Dude's leg was fuuuuuuuuucked up after like a minute. Such a great night of fights!

UFC UFC

He called Jon Jones a cunt twice on both the mma hour and Ariel s show this morning.For some reason I get a huge kick when foreigners use that word in the American marketplace.My favourite thing he has done even!Can t wait for the fight with Whittaker.
HELLO!

Rodabod wrote:Post "hilarious" forum quote here.

UFC UFC

Yeah, what a bummer.I kind of love to hate cejudo ” I watch all his interviews and a shitty part of myself kind of gets off on it.There was a 20 second fragment of his post fight press conference where talks about being the pound for pound greatest combat athlete of all time, being the face of the ufc and demanding heavyweight money. He reminded me of Pacino/scarface for a brief moment. Imagine Henry Cejudo with a serious cocaine problem.Hell of a comeback/adjustment.
HELLO!

Rodabod wrote:Post "hilarious" forum quote here.

UFC UFC

Khabib says he's looking for a late December fight after Poirier in Sept. Obviously it should be Ferguson (assuming Khabib beats Poirier) but seems like various pundits are convinced Dana White is going to lock Ferguson out of a title shot. What a stupidly owner-controlled capitalist blood sport. I heard a recent Dan Henderson interview talking about his part in leading efforts to form a fighters' labor union. He talked about how hard it is to get fighters to understand solidarity, for all the obvious reasons. He was like SAG-AFTRA can do it, and so should we. Meanwhile, professional commentators still don't pronounce Khabib's name right. The K is silent. It's Ha-beeb. Not hard, but it's such a dumb-ass white-bro culture even the professional commentators refuse to learn how to pronounce the name of one of the top-three world champions of the sport. Such an ignorant culture. That's why I can appreciate the Nigerian/African pride of an Adesanya and the Jamaican pride of Aljamain (cornered by Longo, Serra, and Iaguinta!) and Cain's "Brown Pride." Ferguson: "They want to keep a brown man down." Or Andrade identifying as Indigenous. The international and racial politics of MMA are interesting. Likewise sex/gender dynamics w champion outspoken lesbian fighters like Nunes in a sea of white macho heteronormativity.

UFC UFC

Christopher wrote:Macho? This is still the "sport" where people get paid to beat the everloving shit out of each other, right? How can that ever not be inherently macho?Please tell me I don't understand the nuances at play. Talk about the underlying grace of the form. Use the word "balletic."It's an explicitly right-wing macho sports-entertainment industry run by Trump boosters like Dana White. As president of the UFC -- or "The Bald One" as Eugene Robinson from Oxbow calls him -- years ago White infamously told reporters women would never compete in the UFC. FFW to today and tell me MMA champion and fan favorite Rose Namajunas is "macho." She's not. And she also doesn't really give a shit about being sexy to men. She's had her hair clippered for years. Her greatest non-fighting passion is gardening -- growing tomatoes and cucumbers and weed and whatever. There are world-class athletes and social dynamics (struggles) within the sport of MMA that cut against the grain of the dumb-ass entertainment-industry bosses who run the show.

UFC UFC

Macho? This is still the "sport" where people get paid to beat the everloving shit out of each other, right? How can that ever not be inherently macho?Please tell me I don't understand the nuances at play. Talk about the underlying grace of the form. Use the word "balletic."

UFC UFC

Well, that was just about the best night of fights I can remember, outside of the Jones one. I think Jones lost that fight, if only narrowly--I bet Santos blew his knee out. The Askren/Masvidal fight was my everything. Nunes is a technician. SUPERB WORK. Havne't checked yet, is Askren actually still alive?