CRAP
Total votes: 10 (38%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 16 (62%)
Total votes: 26

BAND: Fu Manchu

MrFood wrote:File under 'guilty pleasure'

not crap.

I was all ready to vote crap but seeing your 'guilty pleasure' thing makes me rethink this.

Hmmm.

Just yesterday I was flipping through a Spin magazine in a bookstore and there was a full-page ad of the lead singer hocking (or should that be Tony-Hawking?) Ocean Pacific clothes. Way to rock out dude.

Anyway, they were boring live so that clinches it:

CRAP.

Crap. They were good live when Eddie Glass was their guitarist, but the recordings have always fell flat. It's just not that convincing; sounds like suburbanites who thought Fast Times at Ridgemont High was the funniest thing ever and adopted a Spicolian bent on their boring songs. Kyuss makes Fu Manchu look like a bowl of Indian saag.

Crap.

to give fu manchu some more credit:

noone is lamer than dan andriano of the alkaline trio, matt skiba should punch him in the face for butchering all their ablums. I would probably like alkaline alot more if he didn't come in with his terrible vocals and ruin everything.

how about fu manchu's arch nemesis nebula, if fu manchu is bad, well then nebula brings that genre to the perfect level of suck. I think I've liked one song by this band.
ben wrote:I tend to get a little cynical in social situations where I see large groups of people enjoying themselves.