Irrational fears

I'm deathly afraid of caterpillars, and most things that move like caterpillars. Leeches and larvae are not for me.

I am less afraid of slugs, though I still scream when confronted with them.

I do not mind snakes at all.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

Irrational fears

Does anyone think having a fear of thunder and lightning is an irrational fear?

Two girls I have dated recently where deathly afraid of both and no matter how much i tried to rationalize that thunder can't harm you and that a person has a better chance of dying in a plane crash than being struck by lightning, I always got the same responses from them...Freaking weirdo vaginas....

Irrational fears

AnthonyVillalobos wrote:The Stuff.

One lick is never enough.

(of the stuff).

It's The Blob for me.

Watched it (50s version) when I was a kid, pissed myself laughing at it, did not find the film scary in the slightest, then had nightmares about it for *years*... Can't imagine what would have happened if I'd watched the remake first. :)

What's really irritating about it is that it's such a shit film. I remember being much more freaked out watching Aliens a few years later. That would have been a great film to have nightmares about.
Why defend cunts?

Irrational fears

Squid. I know they're harmless really, but still.

Not dead squid, which I like to eat. But I've been out fishing and pulled in squid and they freak the fuck out of me... I just cut the line as soon as I see one. I don't want any multi-limbed boneless slime covered freak animals anywhere in the boat.