Phish?

CRAP
Total votes: 18 (100%)
NOT CRAP (No votes)
Total votes: 18

Band: Phish

A few years ago, open-minded guy that I am, I saw Phish play at Radio City Music Hall. I can honestly say it was much, MUCH worse than I expected. A truly soulless and plodding rhythm section, the keyboard playing doing these irritating ornate filigrees... I remember thinking Trey Anastasio had some interesting moments, though. He's certainly shaggy-head-and-shoulders above his bandmates.

Aside from their fanbase, they really have very little in common with the Dead. I don't really understand intense Dead-hatred. Again--totally annoying fans, and a lot of pointless noodling and dicking around. I'd probably never be able to enjoy a whole live show. But "Workingman's Dead" is a great album, with a lot of the qualities that I think many people on this board look for in music.

Band: Phish

Never got it.

But I watched the documentary, and now I don't hate them. As human beings creating music. TA's diatribe about the Grateful Dead and Boston is just grand.

And: occasionally I like to get into a band when it pisses my friends and loved ones off. Phish will do the job nicely.

But in any case, I never got it.

And I don't mind American Beauty or Workingman's Dead. In fact, they are arguably great records.

OK.

Mr. King
my new photoblog!