Cell phone recommendation

My Razr died and I'm using a Motorola PEBL that someone lent me. My cell phone is my only phone, so I'd like something better - email, internet, etc would be nice. I have no contractual ties at the moment (currently have T-Mobile). What do you guys recommend? IPhone? Blackberry?

I'm also curious to hear people's experience with the various carriers - especially coverage in the Chicago area.

i lost dropped my razor into a crevice in which it must remain and i replaced it with this one:

nokia 2610.

it's basically just a phone and messaging thing for me. there is other crap but i never use them; there is email. no camera.

costs $40 and the battery lasts more than a week with regular usage. i love it.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

barn!

I get a free phone from verizon in Zeptember (new every two), so I went in there the other day and checked out the selection. I think I liked the LG Dare out of my choices.

touch screen, slim, 3.2 megapixel camera w/flash, html, bluetooth, stores on sd card memory, etc. handsome thing. not bad for an iClone.

apparently the browser isn't that great, nor is the GPS, but I've never used either on a phone before, so what the hell do I know? the touch screen is supposed to be pretty customizable and it does handwriting analysis well, or so i've heard.

that said, my old biz partner has my last LG phone and it's still kicking I think six years after the fact. the only one that came close as a contender was some similar samsung model. I've always liked the samsung phones, though. nicely made. super light.
kerble is right.