Band: Anthrax

CRAP
Total votes: 13 (27%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 35 (73%)
Total votes: 48

i was thinking about this poll yesterday, but i didn't wanna go too met-tal all at once. though i am feeling very, very met-tal right about now.

anthrax seems like a slam-dunk. though they face a smiliar issue with a lot of other bands (maiden, priest, etc) with that whole "screeching bitch-boy singer" thing going on, i would say their music is solid enough that it seriously outweighs the lameness of joey's vocals.

on the met-tal tip... wouldn't slayer's "read between the lies" be just about the most appropriate song to cover right about now?
LVP wrote:If, say, 10% of lions tried to kill gazelles, compared with 10% of savannah animals in general, I think that gazelle would be a lousy racist jerk.

Scott Ian's right hand and his tone really put a smile on my face. Also the bass work was always colorful and that bassist seemed to have an endless amount of energy on stage.

And besides, any band that gets to play on Married...With Children is cool in my book.

Not Crap, even though the old vocalist always sounded too hair-metal to me.

One of my all-time favourites, so NOT CRAP.

They've just released an album of old songs (Fistful Of Metal > Persistence Of Time) with current vocalist John Bush, thus avoiding all of the Joey Belladonna associated lameness.

arthur wrote:Don't cut it for work don't cut it to look normal, people who feel offended by your nearly-30-with-long-hair face should just fuck off.

the Classical wrote:Joey Belladonna sang the national anthem yesterday at the Minnesota Vikings game.

Discuss

The Vikings lost. Now we know why.
"You get a kink in your neck looking up at people or down at people. But when you look straight across, there's no kinks."
--Mike Watt

Cranius wrote:Persistence of Time is one the few headbanging albums I still like.

Plus, it has that nifty Joe Jackson cover on it.
Last edited by placeholder_Archive on Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.