Let's Trade! My \_\_\_ for your \_\_\_

yaledelay wrote:japmn wrote:I'll trade a MXR Double Shot for anything less stupid sounding.Rat Pro Co?I had a Rat for a while and... meh.I actually like the bottom section of the MXR. It is a fairly transparent and slightly driven version of what ever your clean sounds like. The top though... Crate stack in a box. total, worthless crap. I wanted the top to be the same as the bottom and just dial in a bit more gain and a little more boost but i got screwed. they are two totally different and incompatible sounds.

japmn wrote:I actually like the bottom section of the MXR. It is a fairly transparent and slightly driven version of what ever your clean sounds like. The top though... Crate stack in a box. total, worthless crap. I wanted the top to be the same as the bottom and just dial in a bit more gain and a little more boost but i got screwed. they are two totally different and incompatible sounds.It would be good for doing that thing, where the punk/hardcore/rock song goes to the guitar break and it sounds like it's coming from a radio or another room or inside a coffin, and then kicks back into the full force megariff.
this thing, she is the awesome

Those blank lines in the title are cause I thought it'd be good if other folks could use the thread, too, to call out their trades they'd like to make. I've got one I wanna do...My '69 Marshall Major for your vintage Vox AC30 with Top Boost. It's a PA version, model 1966, which was converted (very well, very cleanly, very un-do-able) by a previous owner's amp tech to have one super lead channel, one super bass channel, and a master volume, rather than four PA channels.Only interested in the oldschool AC30, none of the modern CC1 or CC2 etc stuff.
"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album