Notable Reissues Thread.

This year has seen and will continue to see a bunch of great reissued LPs. I figure it'd be cool and convenient to bump this thread every time a forum member hears about a reissue they believe will peek the interest of some others here.These three in particular are worth their salt:Thrill Jockey will be reissuing/has already reissued Tortoise's Millions Now Living Will Never Die LPAs noted by forum member alegplaster in the Urinals thread:In The Red will be reissuing The Urinals' Negative Capability on 2xLP in August.Also:Modern Classics is reissuing Seefeel's Quique on 2xLP for the 20th anniversary of the album.
lemur68 wrote:Why would you be where a jam band is playing in the first place?

Notable Reissues Thread.

They're about a month behind schedule with getting the vinyl pressed but the Captured Tracks label here in the States will be reissuing the Bird Nest Roys' complete discography at the end of the month as well as The Clean's Vehicle. Not sure about the vinyl version, but the CD version of the latter will include the band's excellent In-A-Live EP. More golden era Flying Nun releases will be reissued within the next year or so.No link yet, but you should see these popping up in the usual places soon enough.

Notable Reissues Thread.

Oh, and also on the old school NZ front, this looks interesting too.THE WORLD 12 Mini-LPThe World was formed in 1982 by Allen Meek (Vacuum, Victor Dimisich Band, Bilders), Charles Heywood, Bridget Mulcahy, Andrea Cocks and Malcolm Grant (The Bats). With an EP set to be released by Flying Nun the band suddenly split up and the tapes lay buried for thirty years. Poised uneasily between Velvets-inspired melancholy and Scottish guitar strumming , The World didn't quite find its niche in the still forming NZ scene of the early Eighties. Three decades later Unwucht presents six selections from the 1983 recording sessions remastered from original tapes. The album comes in an embossed sleeve designed by Allen Meek.

Notable Reissues Thread.

AnthonyVillalobos wrote:Thrill Jockey will be reissuing/has already reissued Tortoise's Millions Now Living Will Never Die LPOne of my favorite albums. "Djed" completely blew my mind, and scared the crap out of me, when I first heard the LP on my stereo. "Glass Museum" is probably one of the best approximations of "prog rock" I've ever heard from a band. Tortoise, to me, are like the best character actors you ever see on screen, only with music. They can play anything and be convincing, without the use of words. Tortoise are brilliant, I look forward to their next release, it's been a while.I have a black vinyl copy from the 90s, but the blue vinyl edition is tempting. The original pressings (I think) used offset printing on nice lighter cover stock, it's certainly not the usual card stock or chipboard, it's much softer and easily damaged; it's a nice package.Another notable reissue is The Chameleons' Peel Sessions on LP. For any fan of the band this album is essential as they contain the band's best recordings, by a long shot.
To me Steve wrote:I'm curious why[...] you wouldn't just fuck off instead. Let's hear your record, cocksocket.

Notable Reissues Thread.

First Live Skull EP and LP. A dour but somehow rocking take on mid-'80s NYC noise rock that fits snugly alongside Swans, Sonic Youth, Rat at Rat R, etc. James Lo of EA faves Chavez plays drums quite spectacularly on these. Vinyl versions are exact repros, CD pressings include bonus tracks. Released by an interesting French label called Desire. http://desirerecords.bigcartel.com/prod ... ored-vinylhttp://desirerecords.bigcartel.com/prod ... blue-vinyl

Notable Reissues Thread.

OrthodoxEaster wrote:First Live Skull EP and LP. A dour but somehow rocking take on mid-'80s NYC noise rock that fits snugly alongside Swans, Sonic Youth, Rat at Rat R, etc. James Lo of EA faves Chavez plays drums quite spectacularly on these. Vinyl versions are exact repros, CD pressings include bonus tracks. Released by an interesting French label called Desire. http://desirerecords.bigcartel.com/prod ... ored-vinylhttp://desirerecords.bigcartel.com/prod ... blue-vinylInteresting - I hope to find a copy that replaces my craptastic mp3's of the first record.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Notable Reissues Thread.

Damn, I really want that Public Image reissue. Hopefully they stick around for a while.Also, Black Humor's Love God Love One Another has seen a repress for the first time since 1982 when they were putting the album out themselves from some loft in San Francisco. Covering the album covers with dirt and dead worms. This time around it has the originally intended artwork pressed onto it. There are a couple of awesome and wild stories in the liner notes for the album. Apparently their was some controversy when it came out and MRR had published a little positive review about it. Some doof wrote in crying about how "racist" of a record it was and how their anti-pc artwork offended him. They are not a racist band. Anyways Here's the original artwork for the album and some words from Superior Viaduct (label putting the album out) about the record:Handmade silkscreen jackets. Second pressing now available.BLACK HUMOR was an experimental rock band from San Francisco in the early 80's. (Not to be confused with "blackhumor," alias of noise artist Frazer Hall.) They released just one, very hard to find LP on Fowl Records in 1982. Only 1,000 records were pressed, each with unique handmade covers: thick slabs of paint, collage, parrot feathers, dirt, whatever else happened to be laying around their Tenderloin flat. Many of these have since gone for high, collector prices or ended up in oblivion.Existing in a parallel universe to other bands of the era, BLACK HUMOR's music is filled with jarring images of urban decay and desperation, bass-driven melodies, and layers of dissonant guitar and percussion. And perhaps the only known recording of a parrot that was taught to say "Fuck You."This first time reissue uses the originally intended artwork for the album cover. Fully authorized and mastered from the original analog tapes. Includes new insert with liner notes by singer George Miller and engineer Tom Mallon."BLACK HUMOR is perhaps THE band / lp from that era of SF that seemed to fuse equal elements of FLIPPER / CHURCH POLICE, FACTRIX / MINIMAL MAN and FUCK UPS / SICK PLEASURE to forge a release that was all their own." Tom Lax (Siltbreeze)You can listen to a couple of songs on SV's website here.
lemur68 wrote:Why would you be where a jam band is playing in the first place?