Interesting Gear Developments Thread

Initially I thought the $250 Tube Screamer was a sign EQD had jumped the shark, but this thing sounds alright. It's for the Tone Lawyer crowd, but whatever, Jamie's paid his dues.As far as interesting, I'd nominate the rash of versions of the Big Muff that have come out over the past ten years. It's like a Big Muff, but with mids and more articulate, blah blah; in other words, it's not a Big Muff any more. (EHX has apparently put out their own modded Big Muff just recently with all the bells and whistles.)

1009 wrote:Initially I thought the $250 Tube Screamer was a sign EQD had jumped the shark, but this thing sounds alright. It's for the Tone Lawyer crowd, but whatever, Jamie's paid his dues.As far as "interesting," I'd nominate the rash of versions of the Big Muff that have come out over the past ten years. "It's like a Big Muff, but with mids and more articulate, blah blah"; in other words, it's not a Big Muff any more. (EHX has apparently put out their own "modded" Big Muff just recently with all the bells and whistles.)It makes sense that EHX would do this, there are hundreds of quality big muff clones out there, practically every hobbyist builder and boutique company offers one and usually with these extra options. It's no suprise that EHX would follow suit, in order to remain relevant in the market place. They did the same thing changing the polarity & boss type ac inputs and smaller enclosures.

1009 wrote:Initially I thought the $250 Tube Screamer was a sign EQD had jumped the shark, but this thing sounds alright. It's for the Tone Lawyer crowd, but whatever, Jamie's paid his dues.As far as interesting, I'd nominate the rash of versions of the Big Muff that have come out over the past ten years. It's like a Big Muff, but with mids and more articulate, blah blah; in other words, it's not a Big Muff any more. (EHX has apparently put out their own modded Big Muff just recently with all the bells and whistles.)Well shit, EQD has a new version of the Hoof out, available exclusively at CME. Seems to address everything I thought was a limitation about the original. Shit.