Overrated tracks by great bands

Couldn't find a similar thread, at least not with overrated in the title. Let me start withCheap Trick - SurrenderIt's probably one of the last tracks I'd reach out to from their first few records, I don't get it.Also:Metallica - Orion; The Thing That Should Not Be; Leper Messiah (so yeah, Master of Puppets is not my favourite of theirs, despite the high peaks).Sonic Youth - 100% (novelty track that had very little of what made them special, but released in the right time and context to become an undeserved classic).Nomeansno - Human (I understand it's big with a lot of NMN fans, but it's the perfect distillation of what went missing when Kerr left).

mrcancelled wrote:I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's overrated, but Monkey Trick is far from my favorite song on Goat. It's my one favourite TJL track, and they're like a top 5 band to me, so it's an interesting perspective for me, to say the least.mrcancelled wrote:Any Helmet song.I suggest checking the thread title.

Bernardo wrote:mrcancelled wrote:I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's overrated, but Monkey Trick is far from my favorite song on Goat. It's my one favourite TJL track, and they're like a top 5 band to me, so it's an interesting perspective for me, to say the least.mrcancelled wrote:Any Helmet song.I suggest checking the thread title.As yeah, far as the Helmet thing, I was just being a douche, sorry.Also, Iron Man.

Bernardo wrote:mrcancelled wrote:I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it's overrated, but Monkey Trick is far from my favorite song on Goat. It's my one favourite TJL track, and they're like a top 5 band to me, so it's an interesting perspective for me, to say the least.mrcancelled wrote:Any Helmet song.I suggest checking the thread title.This is almost exactly what I thought while I was looking through the original post.It was all...

TJL--Killer McHann nice and aggressive and rhythmic, but apart from the bass/guitar-siren chordal stab break its not really all that interesting to me. The sheer force of it live probably makes it a lot better. Until then, mehSilkworm--Into the WoodsThe first couple of Silkworm albums generally leave me cold. I think people marvel at the lyrics to this one in particular at the expense of everything else in the way Mountain Goats fans do. I get it stuck in my head mostly by way of how dull and annoying it is. Feels like a pop punk song to me.I love Silkworm, but I prefer starting from Firewater on.