2020 Trump Opponent: Pete Buttigieg Mayor Pete?

Angus Jung wrote:https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/1110260461885255680why even post in any thread but the Bernie one so you can have an Auto Focus party with yourself.Ike's post is correct. As with every candidate, he has views and a history featuring things i disagree with. But on the whole he seems fantastic.All that being said, if Bernie isn't given the nomination, I'm going to set myself on fire because I am a fucking dumbass man child who still hasn't figured out that everything isn't perfect and life isn't fair.
LingLing - www.myspace.com/linglingchicago

I don't live in South Bend, but have worked in St. Joe County since 1991. The complaints I hear (and they don't come up daily or weekly but they do come up) always seem to be from the hyper-conservative Catholics in the area. Most seem butt hurt, not that he's gay, but that he "advertises" it, and "flaunts" his "marriage". And yes, those quoted words are usually kinda spat out with derision."I dont' care if he's gay" I've been told. "But why does he have to show it off? Why can't he keep that to himself?" Seriously. This I have heard on more than one occasion from more than one person that I work with. In 2019. Welcome to South Bend. Please don't forget to set your clocks back 20 years...

I'm in. Read a ton and listened to a bunch of interviews in the past week (including the somewhat controversial one, which I'll address below), and he hits so many points that resonate with many communities around in my area (impoverished, non-white, struggling). I'm into his trip. The interview in question was on CBS news. Here's the bit of information in question: "Buttigieg told CBS News Radio on the sidelines of the South by Southwest Festival where he spoke over the weekend that he was "troubled" by former President Obama's decision to commute the 35-year prison sentence for Chelsea Manning days before he left office in 2017...Buttigieg also took aim at Snowden's leaks, but didn't say whether he thought Snowden should be returned to the U.S. from Russia, where he is avoiding prosecution. Buttigieg called this an "international diplomatic challenge."'I certainly agree that we've learned things about abuses and that one way or another that needed to come out," Buttigieg said. "But in my view, the way for that to come out is through Congressional oversight, not through a breach of classified information.'"Dude has a military background, and you're not gonna condition that out of a person. There's a protocol in place (a deeply flawed one), and that was breached. I don't agree with his take on Manning or Snowden, but through gritted teeth I see where his concerns are coming from. I'm into his trip.

Ike wrote:seems to be incredibly consistent in his platform. Serious question, no sarcasm intended: what is his platform? Why are people excited about him? I can't find a lot. Neither his wikipedia page of his personal page said much about his policies. I read a couple of other things him and he seemed...fine. From what I could find, better than your average replacement-level Democrat, especially for Indiana. The Harvard guy/military guy/business consulting guy are all yellow flags at least. But he's for single payer and wants to do something about global warming, which, yeah, GOOD but I can't find anything that puts him anywhere near the league of Warren/Sanders. If you or anybody can explain or give me some good links I'll check them out.