Lunchbox Amps - Legit or Toys?

Haven't played any yet, but as my old combo is requiring WAY more maintenance than I have time for so I am curious about some of the newer lunchbox heads. I live in a townhouse so my 100 watt Marshall is a bit much for practicing at home. Would be great to get some good live tones at lower volumes (I don't record). I don't have any specific requirements--simple is good, lots of gain on tap and I'd like to keep the wattage low, but not at the expense of tone. I currently have Voodoo modded JCM800 that I love. Something along those lines would be perfect. I had a ZVex Nano and that thing (IMO) definitely qualified as a toy. I am not willing to go smaller if the lunchbox heads sacrifice tone. So what's the consensus? Are these new lunchboxes legit or toys?I mainly play high gain stuff (hard rock to thrash). The Peavey 6505mh and Tweaker lunchbox heads https://waveadvice.com/lunchbox-amp/ seem interesting. But coming from playing 50-100 watt amps, will I be disappointed? I know I need to get out and play some, but input, experience and advice are welcome.The plan would be to slap a lunchbox head on my 4x12" cab.Sorry for the semi-rambling post...I'm a bit of a mess from sleep deprivation.

I have a 5w Hughes and Kettner thing that sounds pretty legit once I replaced the no name tubes with Sovteks. Pretty convincing 'just past the breakup point' chime at non-deafening volumes. Capable high gain sound too but I don't use that much.That said, I'm often using pretty extreme pedals and prefer the more neutral sound of a Quilter at this point.

Here's my talking points on this:"Lunchbox" amps: Legit. They're just tube heads built in small packages. But that's not the point re: this thread.ZVex Nano: Its a tube head but sort of a novelty version using sub-minis. They sound great, and there's not much reason that you cant make a great amp that way but they will be, of course, quite low in power. Still fun, though. I wouldnt call that a lunchbox type, though.That 6505 head: Probably fine? Its just a 15W (2xEL84) version of their 6505 head. I can make you the same thing for about any big amp circuit under the sun and it'll sound pretty dang accurate to the big boy. 15W is still pretty dang loud for an apartment, though, and their 5W/1W power scaling option is where you'll get into some sonic handicap.Attenuator: Maybe think about one? Get all of your normal amp sound at reasonable, scalable, apartment level.

Dr Tony Balls wrote:ZVex Nano: Its a tube head but sort of a novelty version using sub-minis. They sound great, and there's not much reason that you cant make a great amp that way but they will be, of course, quite low in power. Still fun, though. I wouldnt call that a lunchbox type, though. I was just thinking about these amps. I want something for my shop that's good sounding but impossible to turn up loud at all. Do other people make this type of thing or is the Zvex the only one?