Re: Would y'all mind if we keep asking Cancer to Go Fuck Itself?

TylerDeadPine wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:27 am Also a reminder that when it comes to health things, the internet can be a real echo chamber of bad news - as soon as I knew Chris had C.Diff I started looking up what to do about it, seeing horror stories etc. and then once I talked to a number of the nurses they were able to give me a lot more confidence in managing our environment to prevent re-occurrence.

Whenever possible avoid doctor Google. Much like with Yelp, folks tend to only focus on the negative. or push "miracle cures"
I wish it wasn't needed, but so happy to see this thread continue to provide support, a space to DUMP emotions and thoughts,

My Love to you all
"More open-minded than Catholics".

Before my “thing”. Like a lot of folks here I probably dipped into this thread because even though these are parasocial relationships I actually take this space pretty seriously and have a couple of times had it as my exclusive interactive internet experience.

As someone who recently went from observer to participant I can tell everyone that dips in here any comment, well wish or even “I’m thinking of you” really means something. In reality I don’t really know any of you, I’ve met Bernardo in person and a couple of you weirdos over the decades (fucking DECADES) and every time it meant something.

I have a reasonably long meditation practice and quietly have be focusing my Metta sessions on people in here. If anyone else had something similar consider beaming a little to your fellow PRFers. They fucking deserve it.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

andyman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:23 pm Hang in there man.

I might one day need travel tips for Brazil
(/jk)
Ha. I will. Fortunately the prognosis for someone my age and with standard risk genetics is reasonably long and in good health. I still have maybe 10 to 15 years under current treatments but that could change.

I have to be honest, I’ve had a pretty fantastic life so far, so few regrets that can’t be dealt with in a decade.

In my month in isolation a bucket list will be drafted.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

My buddy was just widowed. His seemingly healthy wife ran into some concerns at the gynecologist office a month ago. Investigative scans revealed uterine cancers. Initial surgery failed to remove all of it so they set a course for chemotherapy treatment. Not sure what happened but sometime last week she developed a case of sepsis, a hospital stay, and yesterday she passed away from it.

Two months ago they were just living their normal lives. It's so fucked.

Gramsci wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:49 am
andyman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:23 pm Hang in there man.

I might one day need travel tips for Brazil
(/jk)
Ha. I will. Fortunately the prognosis for someone my age and with standard risk genetics is reasonably long and in good health. I still have maybe 10 to 15 years under current treatments but that could change.

I have to be honest, I’ve had a pretty fantastic life so far, so few regrets that can’t be dealt with in a decade.

In my month in isolation a bucket list will be drafted.

That is an amazing perspective, I hope your prognosis ends up being a short sighted one!

So, induction treatment finished and I have the maximum response of a full remission with no detectable disease.

Next month I have the big whack of the stem cell transplant which all things being equal should kick things down the road for a very long time.

A month off work and temporarily losing my hair…

Biggest question then becomes, which US baseball team cap am I getting?