RCA 44DX

Hi,
This might be a better question for another part of the forum, but I'll ask here and see. I am considering getting a RCA 44DX. I have a small home studio with some mid range mics (SM 7B, RE 20, AT 4080) and would like to get a really solid classy mic. I mostly record one thing at at time, and mostly vocals, strings, horns, acoustic guitars and not very loud electric guitars. Given your experience with the RCA 44DX, do you feel it would be a good choice?
thanks for any advice.

Re: RCA 44DX

It's great on the right stuff if you want a recognizably darker-sounding ribbon thing.

It's a very good mic for deep, mid-rangy vocals. Good for darker strings, basically any horn. It's ok on some electric guitars. Acoustic, would be kinda dark, i think?

The AEA N8 would be a more versatile (and cheaper) choice. I love it. Great on kinda everything. I mean, maybe not kick drum or bass above low volume. But any guitar tuned to anything at most any volume, anything acoustic. Great as an overheads, superior room mic. Good on horns, good on softer vocals if a little off of it with a pop filter.

The N8 is supposedly a farfield mic and N22 is nearfield--i don't know how different they are, but I use the N8 like 6in off a guitar amp all the time.

They're easier to place than a Coles 4038, and I like the sound more than the Royer options.

The N8/22, Coles, and Royer mics take high end EQ very well. 44DX has its trademark sound and if I recall correctly it's a little harder to get a brighter sound if you track with it. But maybe I'm wrong about that or just didn't know what i was doin'.