Total votes: 8 (13%)
Offspring
Total votes: 34 (55%)
Green Day
Total votes: 5 (8%)
Rancid
Total votes: 8 (13%)
Total votes: 62

Re: Which of these California PUNK bands sucks the most?

jfv wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:06 pm Only one of these bands did a song called "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" and that band gets my vote.

Green Day is NC. Might even say Rancid is NC.

If we're going for the ultimate suck-fest, why isn't blink-182 on this list?
Because I thought they came too late to be put in the same category with these bands. I might be wrong. I didn't Google the bands and their timeline. Maybe I should have.

"Green Day is NC. Might even say Rancid is NC"
How many cold ones did you have?
Sorry for my shitty English

boilermaker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:21 pm
jfv wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:18 pm
boilermaker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:16 pm How many cold ones did you have?
I'm finishing up my second one right now. It's still early.
IPA?
It's really hot here today so I'm drinking a Crystal Lake Beach Blonde right now. I have a Founder's Centennial IPA tall boy waiting for me a bit later.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

jfv wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:25 pm
boilermaker wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:21 pm
jfv wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:18 pm

I'm finishing up my second one right now. It's still early.
IPA?
It's really hot here today so I'm drinking a Crystal Lake Beach Blonde right now. I have a Founder's Centennial IPA tall boy waiting for me a bit later.
Nothing like a cold larger on a hot weekday.
Sorry for my shitty English

I'm white trash enough to be hit by Social Distortion like I was hit by Haggard or Jennings or Jones when I first heard them (broke, addicted and working at the roughest, most fucked up bars that would take me). Ness is up there with Lemmy for me. Deal with it.

I hated the rest of this stuff as a kid, but when I've checked it out as an adult I've found one album of tolerable material from the other bands. Ranked:

NOFX: So Long and Thanks for all the Shoes
Green Day: Insomniac
Rancid: ...And Out Come The Wolves (As a Londoner I struggle to get past the oi-cosplay vibe and the strangely specific references (I call cultural appropriation), but the tunes (esp basslines) are solid enough)
Honourable mention: the Pennywise debut (only just) and I guess you gotta acknowledge Bad Religion's Suffer, even though I find them grating beyond words.

The Offspring just fucking suck. (Though... their formula - mildly metal suburbanites take on the SoCal punk classics: Agent Orange w/ the gain turned up - is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me for a few singles... gotta admit it...) But that confession aside: real rotten shit band. Dreadful. No two ways about it.