Ampwall

Crap (No votes)
Not Crap (No votes)
Total votes: 0

Re: Website: Ampwall

The endgame of all of this is that bands are going to get sick of migrating to the next thing every several years so we'll all just end up settling for Spotify, etc. Unfortunately. "Keeping it small", when it comes to tech, basically amounts to doing charitable work, and after a certain point no-one will wish to continue dealing with all the bullshit for low(er) pay. So they'll either shut down or sell out.
gonzochicago wrote: Doubling down on life, I guess you could say.

twelvepoint wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:42 am I wonder if Spotify will get so bad they start charging monthly fees to artists for hosting and streaming their music? That may be the actual breaking point.
I've only made my money back on Spotify with one band (more accurately, one release from that band). Digital distro services have different payment schemes (up front vs subscription) but they all charge to get your music up there. If it's an active band making money at shows or other ways, you may justify that as a promotional expense but if it's just to host a bunch of music most people don't want? It'll lose money.
Music

I will say, after actually looking into it, that adding membership fees for bands ($10/year) is a good idea. It bothers me that so many people shit up Bandcamp/SoundCloud with hours of band practice recordings or whatever. Weed that shit out. (Though that is still cheap enough to afford someone's self indulgence)
Music