Reuben Sandwich

crap
Total votes: 7 (22%)
not crap
Total votes: 25 (78%)
Total votes: 32

Sandwich: Reuben

I must say I have never heard of them but just googled it and yes please.

I love corned beef and rye bread and saurkraut.

What do I need to do now.
peri wrote:The gfirl just emailed me, "I've never had any desire to eat a scotch egg'.

I guess she gonna go hungry tonight

ironyengine wrote:
rysie wrote:I must say I have never heard of them but just googled it and yes please.

I love corned beef and rye bread and saurkraut.

What do I need to do now.

Combine them. Eat. Enjoy.

Very tasty. Not crap.

Please also, some Swiss cheese and I likes mine with a little A1 sauce on the side. Hold the Thousand Islands!

While dabbling with vegetarianism for 10 years I used to get a pumpernickel bagel toasted with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut... these are good too.
David
TRONOGRAPHIC - RUSTY BOX

stevenstillborn wrote:I love me some rueben. I like mine in the classic style, Thousand Island and all. I like them on pumpernickle too, but rye is the classic style. Anybody ever have the bastardized version with pastrami instead of corned beef? Or is that just a Jersey thing?

I prefer pastrami just because I like pepper so much.

itchy mcgoo wrote:mmmmm.....Reuben.

I make mine with smoked turkey on pumpernickel. I know I'm missing out on an extra briny tang, but corned beed is chewy and fatty and yaktacular.

Not crap.

Wait a minute! With all due respect, a Reuben with smoked turkey and pumpernickel is no longer a Reuben. A Reuben must have all of it's glorious parts (and in generous proportions) if it is to be the magical two-days-worth-of-caloric-content wonder that I know and love.

It's kind of like bars serving twenty different types of martinis. There are only gin and vodka. Choco-taco-mocha-berry crap in a martini glass is not a martini.

What you have done is to make a beautiful new sandwich that deserves a name of its own! Yum, I say to you turkey! Yum, I say to you pumpernickel! Henceforth you shall be known as the Itchy McReuben!!!

That is all...

-Allen
Last edited by bfields_Archive on Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In retrospect, I should have stepped off the stage and utter-kicked Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

-BRW